• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Three year old

Hey

My three year old the other day was having a conversation with her key person at nursery about how sick i get and how she just wants me to be healthy.

I felt so bad as dont want her to worry about me. I try and hide it as mcuh as i can but somedays i just cant, constantly being sick and on the toilet.

Anyone else had this or knows how i can hide it better.

My daughter has ibs so goes to the toilet alot herself, just wish that she didnt understand so well.

i have had crohns for 21 years and have a 14 and 11 year old, they have both obviousley seen everything i have been through, all the ops, all the trips to the toilet etc and now it just goes over their heads and they are both lovely young girls, they do care but when i go into hopsital now they dont worry at all and just know that it is a part of our lives, you cant always hide it especially when they get older, your daughter will be fine and it will make her a lot caring as she gets older x