• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Throwing up?

Ok so this is the second time this has happened. I threw up a few weeks ago because I thought that I had just eaten something bad. Then today I felt a little sick most of the day. I mostly had a sore throat and was tired. Then yesterday evening I went to church and was feeling fine, but as soon as I got home I started getting a fevor. Then as. I am taking my imuran before I went to bed.(I had also taken tynaol) I immediately neded to throw up. Now that episode is over and I am not running a fevor anymore and I feel good again. I am going to contact my doc in the morning, but has anyone else had this happen to them or is it a reaction to my drugs? I am also on humira.

Thanks y'all!!

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I have and had a narrowing caused by inflammation and scar tissue. Overall I felt fine and a few hours after eating I'd throw up. Since there was no rhyme or reason to the random vomiting my mom took me to the ER where they found the stricture. I was put back on steroids and eventually a year later after nothing working (since it was mainly scar tissue) I had a resection.

Keep us posted on what the doctor says. :)

Could it be that the food you ate at those time is a trigger food for you. I noticed that I use to be able to eat pop corn no problem, love movie theater pc.

Last time at movie only ate a little pc and on the way home had to pull over on side of road to puke. Now pc makes me very sick.

At 5 weeks of Imuran, I started throwing up 30 minutes after I took it, but it happened every time and not just weeks apart. I ultimately had to stop Imuran due to pancreatitis.

Hoping its nothing more than a passing bug! Please keep us updated.

Doing much better now. I think since I went of all of my antibotics that opened my body up for some random bug to get in there. But two days later, I am much better now. My doc told me to hold up a day on my Humira injection and I went on a liquid diet for 24 hours, and I also need to stop eating my trigger foods!

Thanks for the support!