• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Time for a new doctor.

Apparently, my doctor changed my Cimzia dose. I only found out when I picked it up from the pharmacy. My pharmacy contacted his office because I was out of refills, and when I got it from the pharmacy the dose read 2 injections every 4 weeks when I've been on 2 injections every 2 weeks. I sent a message to him saying the prescription was wrong, assuming it was a mistake, only to get a phone call back (from one of his assistants) saying that he changed my dose.

I haven't even seen him in 2 months! I only sent him a few weeks ago as a brief update (he didn't want to do anything then. what's changed?), and he pulls this? Completely ridiculous.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Have you had bloods done? If so could he be adjusting the dose according to the results. Either way I would ring and ask him why.

Dusty. :)

None since I saw him last. I'm gonna try to get him to call me personally, since I can't imagine his reasoning.

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Effdee, we are having a similar problem!! Sometimes the doctors and their assistants are not on the same page at all!! We are waiting on results of blood tests to check 6mp levels and the assistant who has answered our repeated e-mails says she can't even find the orders for the blood test!!! It was done almost 2 weeks ago now!!! This is Vanderbilt Children's, you'd expect a little more competence from an institution with their reputation!!! Good luck....to all of us!!!

That's terrible! When I went to University of Maryland for my doctor, he left much to be desired. Bigger isn't always better.

I talked to my mom and she was more rational about it, thankfully. I'm gonna call and get an appointment for his first available and try and get back on track, or move on if we can't work it out.

My Doc didn't even know I had surgery and it was his office that set the appointment with the surgeon. The surgeon never told him. It's best to be responsible for yourself cause NO ONE else will be.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
:welcome: Ahumado, do you have IBD? Could you please tell us more and post your own thread so we can all meet you ... Would like to know how long, your meds and how you found out you had IBD. Hope you join us!

I have it about 60% written up. I have been hanging around for a few weeks and will post my story soon, Thanks for asking and sorry for the delay

:welcome: Ahumado, do you have IBD? Could you please tell us more and post your own thread so we can all meet you ... Would like to know how long, your meds and how you found out you had IBD. Hope you join us!