• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Time to say hello!

Hello all. I've been lurking around the forum for a couple of months and after my GI appointment yesterday it seems I should stop lurking and start getting involved in the community! I've had GI issues for the last few years and after many, many tests and doctor's visits I was diagnosed with "early-stage" Crohns last fall. Since then I've been fighting with my insurance company about drug coverage and trying out new med combinations with my doctor's help. For now, we've settled on Apriso and just added Entocort into the mix this week. (The push to start steroids has made me feel like this is really "real" and therefore pushed me to introduce myself.) Just wanted to say I appreciate all the information I've learned from reading about everyone else's experiences. And hope everyone is having a great day!

scottsma

Hello and welcome.Sorry you have to be here at all,but now that you are you will get lots of support and advice if you need it.I hope you're having a good day today.

Hi KLea, I just joined today too :)
From what you say, I think I've been really lucky so far on how quickly things have moved in getting my diagnosis. I saw my GP mid June after having rectal bleeding for six weeks. She rang the colorectal consultant there and then, and got me a cancellation for the following day. Two weeks later I had my colonoscopy and was started on pentasa the following day. Six weeks later, after getting the biopsy results I was started on 40mg prednisolone, been taking them for two weeks now, seven more to go at an ever reducing dose.
I hope things get sorted out for you, it's a real steep learning curve isn't it, takes some getting used to!
Bunty x

Thanks for the welcome scottsma and DJW :)

And we can be newbies together Bunty! I'm glad that you didn't have to experience the dreaded, drawn-out path to a diagnosis and hope you're on the road to remission now. It took me a few years just to convince my primary doctor that I didn't have a stomach virus (because who has a stomach virus that lasts over a year?!) but I finally found a good primary who sent me straight to a great GI.