• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Tips for an easier prep!

Well heading into my 20th colonoscopy and thought I'd share my colonoscopy prep tips gathered over the years.
1 Sweat pants!
2 Buy a box of disposable underwear. Love these especially on the drive to the hospital for the procedure!
3 A & D Ointment - put on on every piece of skin that might come in contact with the liquid poo BEFORE you start the prep. Reapply till the tube is empty!!!!
4 Squirt bottle with warm water in it. Rinse off as much as you can and spare yourself the Sandpaper butt.
5 Invest in the really good tp!
6 Had my terminal ileum removed years ago so I only do a single prep around midnight instead of one at 6pm and 2am. I actually start having liquid poo before I start the prep due to the lack of food and no Cholestid.

Hope the tips help make it easier. :lol:

More tips:

1) MiraLax. It's much more gentle on the system.

2) Organic extra virgin coconut oil - it has so many healing properties! Every time I start to get a hemorrhoid I just put a little on until it's gone (which is usually quite fast).

The water bottle tip is the best. I always use it for my preps, or even when I'm just having bad diarrhea. And I always ask for the Miralax prep now, much better than the alternatives, especially enemas. YUCK!