• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Tis the season

I love winter and everything that comes along with it. Every year though it's the same thing -huge flare. Not sure why? Is it stress or did I get sick and my body won't stop attacking itself? Whatever the reason , it has started. :(
Fingers crossed it's nothing!

Everyone pleAse forgive me I am still learning how to use this forum/ site.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I love winter and everything that comes along with it. Every year though it's the same thing -huge flare. Not sure why? Is it stress or did I get sick and my body won't stop attacking itself? Whatever the reason , it has started. :(
Fingers crossed it's nothing!

Everyone pleAse forgive me I am still learning how to use this forum/ site.
It could be from the stress from your work. I know the holidays especially Thanksgiving and Christmas are very stressful for me. I work retail and this season is the highest stress time of the year between all the customers and having the store being a disaster everyday/everynight.

I wouldn't doubt that's the reason. Plus I have a lot of people in my family with birthdays in the fall/winter.
I have an October birthday and on my 26th is when I had my resection.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
I wish it weren't the reason. But, it sounds possible. Sorry to hear about your resection. :(That would be a hard one to forget especially on your birthday. Best thing I can do for now is to send lots of hugs your way... :hug: