• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

To go to the clinic or not?

Need some help. Had similar pain to this in Oct, doc put me on pred, it got better. Came off pred a few weeks ago, pain has been steadily coming back.

The pain is located just above and to the left of my belly button, it comes in sharp stabbing pain, but is also extemely painful to touch. My abdomen is currently very swollen, I look pregnant. I am not.

When this happened in Oct, I had an ultrasound, but it only showed increased blood flow to the area, nothing else. Was suppose to have MRI, but I didn't get an appointment. CRP,white cells were insignificant.

Wondering if I should bother calling the clinic this time or not? May not be crohn's related, the only sign I have had has been multiple and complex perianal fistulas. Nothing anywhere else.

Alli,
No one knows our bodies better than us. My motto- better safe than sorry. If i were experiencing this, i would most definitely call and get in to least get it documented and checked out. They could help reduce the pain at the very least. Most possibly be able to get more test scheduled for you? Best of luck to you. Thoughts and prayers.-hugs-

Thanks for your replies. Still haven't decided whether I should call the GI clinic or go to urgent care at the civilian hospital. Decided against going to sick parade completely as they usually end up sending me home with painkillers and I had too many meetings today :-/