• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

To help and support my husband

After one and half year of our marriage my husband diagnised with crohns disesase. He lost weight about 5 kgs.He has been suffering from dairrhea from 3 months and finally daignosed with crohns.we are in total depression for so many days. My doctor said that no need to panic but he has to use the medicine for life long....but this thing again makes us feeling sad. I am pharmacy graduate i can understand his condition...but I too had some confusion and need some moral support. I just want to know about a few points...we are pure vegetarians and trying to give him well- balanced food
1. What type foods help him to gain weight
2.whether ecercise helps in remission of symptoms
3.now we are using mesalzine- 1gm tablets two times a day...any serious side effects by using long term.

Welcome. I am sorry for what you are going through but glad your husband has great support from you. I font know of any serious side effects from mesa!zine.

Hi Harika,

Yes this is a painful journey when some one have crohn's but we have to take it. I Been using Pentasa but I had some stomach pains due to that so i stopped english medicine and started using Homeopathy but I haven't seen any results yet. It's always good to have very soft foods. Try to avoid Sodas, hard foods

Hai Ravi ji.....Thanks for ur advise. I will suggest him to take soft foods. We are also in the same thought of stopping the English medicine once if the flares are gone. Ravi ji don't loose hope on homeopathy....because as per my knowledge homeo needs years to stabilize our condition. My doctor suggested all south Indian food is okay for him. As you said we are avoiding all sodas and hard food. My hubby getting well slowly. Waiting patiently to see him get rid of this condition. Ravi ji take care of your health too.