• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

To many things happening???

I was diagnosed with Crohn's 2 years ago. I usually have episodes of Crohns lasting 6 months at a time. I can take a lot of pain and I hate going to the doctor and being on medicine but This past time started in Oct 2014. Symptoms were very mild within the past month it has started when I noticed something different on my anus that had something coming out of it like an abscess or fistula and also a skin tag. then came an ulcer in my mouth a few days later another beside it. my joints started to slightly hurt, ankles knees hips lower back elbows and wrist on both sides of my body. the ulcers have finally started going away but now my joints are getting worse and my middle 3 toes feel bruised and sore like they need to be popped.

Along with my joints getting worse there is a small area on the side part of my foot with 2 small lumps that are a deep pink in color, sore and tender to the touch. Last night I woke up it was all I could do walk I was in so much pain and my knees were throbbing I could feel my heart beat and blood rushing in them. I have vomited for the past two nights I have eaten different things each day but the weird thing is I vomited the same thing last night as I did the night before which is really weird. This morning I have noticed that on my right pinky there is a purple-ish scaly, kind of dry skin looking spot at the knuckle.

With all this being said i went to the doctor last week and he put me on 2 different bacterial medicines and Humira. I am waiting for the test results to come back and insurance to get started on the Humira. My stomach pains have decreased since being on the meds except for the nights i have vomited. but they have now started coming back as they were before (the stomach pains). but the signs or symptoms just keep coming and getting worse. I am at a loss and i am in so much pain and the doctors at like its no big deal. This is the second gastronenterologist i have been to. I am a single mother of two and they are noticing that i am in pain. I am unable play with them and its really starting to bring me extremely down and more depressed than i already am.

Does anyone have any advice or have been through these kind of problems?

I have some suggestions and some great reading for you. I would first start by taking your temp. If in fact you have abscess or fistula, that is a problem that can be fixed medically (have had one surgery for abscess and self treated maybe 3-5 more over the years). If infection sets in, may explain some of the things happening elsewhere in body. Temp will tell you of possible infections. If you want to private message for some specifics and advice, please do...

BTW - I am sorry you are going through so much pain and so many unexplainable things - it is very unsettling, especially to those caring for our kids.

Welcome to the forum. You are at the right place for information but specially for support. I hope you can start Humira soon and it works for you fast. Let us know how it goes.