• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

To My Bum Incision Mates

:bigwave:Hello everyone! Happy Mothers Day to the Mommies! Okay, I hope that I don't sound like a whiner---and this is not a giant issue since I feel soooo much better since surgery. I am 5 months post op. Wow--how do I word this?! Ummm--where the anus is sewn up feels super tight still. I had a little repair in the bum incision when I was 2 months out from surgery--but it is well above the anus. Is it supposed to feel funky in that area? Everything is very healed--although it gets a little "stingy" at times if I'm hot. Again, don't want to be a complainer--but it feels weird and mildly uncomfy! Other than that--it's great not to feel absolutely horrible and to eat with no pain, blood, etc! By the way--I must ask you Brittys--what is a crisp? A cracker? LOL I'm purely guessing. Thanks to everyone! :hug: Snap

Nyx

Can't help you with your issue as I haven't had that surgery yet...but crisps are potato chips....lol

Nyx

I should have amended that I guess they can't call chips chips since french fries are chips there....so they had to go with crisps....lol

Terriernut

Hiya Snap! Is it scar tissue do they think that is causing the discomfort? And thank you Cindy for clarifying the 'crisp' issue!

Hiya Snap,

I am only 18 days post op. Still have stitches in the butt wound - out tomorrow. You sound like you are doing great, 5 months on. I can't wait to get to that point. Not sure what you can do about the scar, but I was told to give myself a full year to recover. I hope things continue to improve for you, and yes it is great not to be passing blood etc.

Kaz xxx

:tongue: Thanks everyone---and I'm soo glad that there is crisp clarification--LOL! Kaz--good luck on the suture removal--one more thing to make you feel better and keeping you on the road to recovery! Perhaps it is scar tissue--but I feel that it needs to be cut--feels cord-like--and horizontally instead of vertical. But I think I will give it another 6 months--have been putting cocoa butter and/or Vitamin E on it to "desensitize" and make it more pliable instead of soooooo tight. Like I said before, it's not a huge issue--just a bit ouchie when I bike ride, do a lot of walking in the timber, or when its really hot outside. I am still amazed every single day! I'm not starving and sick. But--it's not easily forgotten--I call it "Post Traumatic Colon Syndrome"---how I can look at a food item and think that it will hurt or cause bleeding...............then I remember, oh yeah bring it on! A coworker was discussing her future colonoscopy and my eyes started to water and the puke started to creep up my throat-------THANK YOU THANK YOU I'LL NEVER BE DOING THAT AGAIN! Ileos DO have their advantages! Appreciate all of your help! :uk_flag: Hey! Do you have salt and vinegar crisps there? DELICIOUS! SNAP

My goodness, a bike ride, it seems impossible to me at this point. Ouch !!!!

Yep salt and vinegar crisps, great for us with an ileo - extra salt xxx

A bike ride still sounds painful to me too!

Glad you're so positive, Snap! How long was your op and when was the last time a healthcare professional took a look at your bum?

ameslouise

I had "phantom" pain in my sewn up arse-hole for a few months - could that be it?

When in doubt - call the doc!

Good luck - hope it's nothing serious - Ames

:D Hey Kaz, Michelle, Ames----well, I am exactly 5 months post-op today! Nah--bike riding isn't too bad--I just keep goin! Hmm, not sure about phantom pain--although I do get the sensation like "OH MY GOSH I'M GONNA POO ME PANTIES!!" And then I remember--never again my dear! Again, it's post-traumatic colon syndrome. Last time my bum was examined was in February--2 months post op. Kinda hard to get a mirror so far down south to take a gander at it--but it feels tight and like a horizontal cord--feels like it needs snipped to let pressure off it. I dunno--I always hesitate to call the Dr. because I don't want to be a whiner. I have an appt with my Crohnie Dr. next month--perhaps I will mention this. I just don't want it to tear or get more ouchie. Surely not? Not sure what brand is available in Brit--but the stacked Lays salt-n-vinegar tater chips (aka crisps!) are awesome. I had a piece of taco pizza today--and it was bliss. Thanks everyone! Snap:wink:

I would definitely get them to look at it the next time you see someone! At least then you'll know for your peace of mind if what's going on down there is normal healing or something that can be fixed!