• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Today is better than yesterday

Like a swift kick in the ass I had to get over my depressed attitude and start getting on track with gaining (trying to gain) weight back. 108lbs is NOT a good look on me.

Chicken broth with cooked carrots with a side of ensure here I come!

I'm tired of people telling me either of the following:
-OMG you are so skinny!
-WOW you look sick. Eat a burger.

I know they aren't trying to make me self conscience, but I despise the comments regardless. I don't really feel like explaining my situation to everyone so part of me has to grin and bear it.

valleysangel92

Staff member
*Hugs!* It can be so awful hearing things like that, often it comes from people that know very little about what we are dealing with. I had a lot of comments like that from girls in school and college, plus lots of "I'd do anything to be that skinny" ..

I know its easier to say than do but try to shrug it off, you didnt ask for this and we are all here to support you :).

Thank you Nicola ..so much. Sometimes I just get in a really hard spot emotionally and with health insurance being ao difficult to get I feel helpless. I'm really loving having this forum to talk to others.

valleysangel92

Staff member
I understand, whenever that happens we will be here to support you the best we can so if you need a good rant or a shoulder to cry on then go right ahead. No one here will judge you in any way.