• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Toddler funnies

It just happened again. I had to fly off to the porcelain throne, and as most normal people I prefer to do my business in private.

But our little baby boy who has just graduated into toddlerhood have other ideas. So as soon as I get up from what i am doing he follows...and when he see me close the door he starts crying...and 5 seconds later, the bathroom lights go off...

The little runt ain't stupid. He knows that if he switch off the light, I will eventually stick my head out and he is given a second chance to appeal to his daddies soft spot, and perhaps gain entrance to that amazing room full of toilet paper to drag all over the place, a used diaper bucket to investigate, not to mention a laundry machine to explore while his dad is locked to the throne!

Now....how to stop this? :ytongue:

suschex

Suzanne
Keep a basket or a drawer of toys and interesting items in the bathroom. Having stuff in there to distract them when mine were that young saved me! Books, photo albums, plastic measuring cups, stackable plastic cups, anything to keep them busy!

I would say you have a choice between dumping him on a responsible adult if there's one available, enclosing him in a safe area (cot/playpen) or letting him in the bathroom with you (and toys!). It's not that bad, I am now used to my 2 year old niece following me, she's potty training so likes to see (and comment!) on what the grown ups do.

He he, thanks for the support.

There is a responible adult to dump him on. The problem is that my wife has a mean streak and loves practical jokes, so she is more than happy to let the litle runt switch off the lighst while someone is doing their business in there. ;-)

Actually I bet she is the one that showed him how to do it!

So bringing some toys...well, he is far to inquisitive to care about those when he is admitted to the most exciting room in the house as far as he is concerned....lol

Terriernut

He he, thanks for the support.

There is a responible adult to dump him on. The problem is that my wife has a mean streak and loves practical jokes, so she is more than happy to let the litle runt switch off the lighst while someone is doing their business in there. ;-)

Actually I bet she is the one that showed him how to do it!

So bringing some toys...well, he is far to inquisitive to care about those when he is admitted to the most exciting room in the house as far as he is concerned....lol
:rof: Snort!!! hehheeheeeeehhheee!!!!