• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Trapped wind?

• Thread starter devildee(donna2005)LOL
  • Start date
D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

Hi All

ive got the trapped wind pains in my tummy (the amount i trump through stoma you wouldnt think id have it) and it just wont shift ive tried coke (as elaine suggested) and also fruit rennies but its been there all day its so uncomfortable grrrrrrr

any suggestions please

M

Mozam

Sorry sweetie, I don't remember having that problem - if I feel gassed up I either have one of the following

1. Pint of lager,
2. Fizzy juice, or
3. A CURRY!

OR I stand on my head for a minute or two, and gravity kicks in!!

Good luck with that hun. xx

K

Kossy

Let me get this right, you have a bloated feeling right at your stoma, right? If this is the case try chewing some gum for a while. I know this sounds odd but the chewing produces saliva that you'll swallow which in turn start up your disgestive tract to start moving around and hopefully push that gas out of there.

I know it sounds funny but my ET nurse told me that and I'd be da*n that it works.

And if I got it all wrong then well nevermind

Tami Lynn

Forum Angel
Here are a few suggestions that have worked for me when I've felt like that:

Drink a lot of water, take Gas-X, walk, do stretching exercises, apply a heating pad to your belly, if you take probiotics, they say that taking them with Vitamin C helps reduce gas, oh and don't eat anything that could aggravate it (i.e. beans, milk, sugar, etc)

Hope it passes soon-I know it can be a really a miserable feeling!

cookey

Mama Crohnie
This is certainly a huge issue for us, especially the ones who have an Ileostomy or Colostomy. I was told by my doctor if experiencing a bad case of gas, ( I know this sounds gross all ) but it works. I thought he was crazy at first when he told me to do this. Wash your hands very good, make sure you have no chipped nails, and stick a finger up the stoma, this releases the gas..that's worse case scenerio. I just couldnt do it at first, but I was keeled over in pain..and I didnt want to go to the hospital for gas, as I have on a few occasions. All they really do is give you some type of Maylox, after you have waited for about 8 hrs to see a doctor. Drinking alot of water, and moving around of course is the best thing if the gas is not to strong. Never drink Pepsi, Pepsi is gassy...it just prolongs the agony.

M

marco

devildee(donna2005)LOL said:
Hi All

ive got the trapped wind pains in my tummy (the amount i trump through stoma you wouldnt think id have it) and it just wont shift ive tried coke (as elaine suggested) and also fruit rennies but its been there all day its so uncomfortable grrrrrrr

any suggestions please
I get ahell of trapped wind too,and it gets really sore, but dont hav a stoma, ive tryed everything, the only thing i find works is buscopan,,,,but i wouldnt take 2 much coke its very addicitve u know :lol:

L

little_sami

Colpermin is what my IBD nurse suggested, tho it wasnt much good for me...

D

devildee(donna2005)LOL

cookey said:
This is certainly a huge issue for us, especially the ones who have an Ileostomy or Colostomy. I was told by my doctor if experiencing a bad case of gas, ( I know this sounds gross all ) but it works. I thought he was crazy at first when he told me to do this. Wash your hands very good, make sure you have no chipped nails, and stick a finger up the stoma, QUOTE]

thanx but maybe i will give that one a miss :lol: im seeing my gastro on monday so i will ask her aswell

D

DarrylP_Ajax

my GI suggested i take a product like Maalox or Beano for the gas, didnt find any releif though, however, ever since i started taking Bio-K the gas seems to ahve reduced greatly