• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Travel to USA question

I'll be travelling from the UK to New York and Boston soon for a holiday.

Does anyone know if it's OK to take co-codamol tablets with me? I'm not sure if they're different across the pond, but here they are made up of 8mg codeine/500mg paracetamol per tablet and they are available to buy over the counter.

If it's unwise for me to take them in luggage is it possible to buy them when I get there, or are the rules different for codeine in the US?

Thanks,
Nitty

My brother takes them
There often.
Think he makes sure they are clearly labelled as his own medication etc on the label
His are the rx ones too
Have a lovely holiday!

Maya142

Staff member
Yes, with a prescription you should be absolutely fine. We travel often with pain medication that is prescribed for my daughter.

Have fun!!

Scipio

Just in case you do need to buy some more in the US you should be aware that over here paracetamol is called acetaminophen.