• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Treatment Length

Hi all,

Quick query: Am I right in remembering that the longer Crohn's takes to diagnose the longer it takes to treat effectively?

Many thanks

I've never heard that but it would make sense. The inflammation is more likely to have progressed and caused permanent complications by the time of diagnosis I would imagine?

I've never heard that but it would make sense. The inflammation is more likely to have progressed and caused permanent complications by the time of diagnosis I would imagine?

Yes, it certainly chimes with my experience and I'm sure I've read it somewhere but I can't find it now. I thought I'd check with the collective to see if they knew.

I think it has more to do with finding the drugs that work for you. Everyone responds differently. And if you continue to smoke, drink etc. and eat what you like, your treatment is not going to be as effective.