• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Treatment Suggestions for Rectal Inflammation

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
I need help, guys. I am looking for some suggestions for treating my rectal inflammation. My recent colonoscopy showed mild inflammation only in my rectum. All else is clear. But then why do I feel so terribly awful?!

My current symptoms are frequent loose BM’s (mostly in the AM), mucus (with blood), and constant abdominal pain. I take Lialda (which must be working somewhat because my TI looks good), hyocyamine, and cortisone enemas when needed. But the enemas aren’t helping.

Being that my case is so mild, my GI doesn’t want to step up the meds yet (I agree - save them for when I really need them) and said we’d treat the rectal inflammation topically. But I have already been on Canasa and Rowasa. What’s left to try?

Any ideas would be appreciated!