• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Trying to adjust

I was diagnosed with Severe Crohn's 3 years ago. My condition was so bad I spent a month in a local ICU and told there was nothing they could do. My best friend intervened and got me transferred to Dallas. I underwent 6 hours of surgery having 3ft of intestines removed along with most of my colon. I now have an ilieostomy bag. It took a year of extensive therapy to begin to try to form some kind of life. I am having an extremely hard time adjusting. I lost my job,my home. How and where do even begin to start piecing your life back together? I'm on antidepressant medication and anxiety meds to function. I'm on disability now. I never imagined that at 45 this is where I'd be. I accept that my life has dramatically changed but how do you start the rebuild process? Any suggestions??