• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Trying to get rid of Ostomy Supplies, BRAND NEW

im hoping some of my osto-homies here can use this stuff, i dont know what to do with it!. i dont use these products anymore and i have a load of brand new boxes of supplies.
make an offer, pay for the shipping and its yours! i will total the catalog price for each item, just for reference. i DO NOT expect nor want a load of cash off of this, look at this as an ostomy tag sale :)

for sale:

ConvaTec AllKare adhesive remover wipes. product #037443. 100 wipes/box.
2 FULL BOXES
original price: $43.13/box

ConvaTec Stomahesive Powder. product #5125510. 1 oz bottle.
2 FULL BOTTLES
original price: $16.34/bottle

Hollister Flextend skin barrier. product # 8800. 5 barriers/box.
8 FULL BOXES
original price: $54.78/box

Convatec Aquacell 4x4 Hydrofiber dressing. product # 177902. 10/box.
1 FULL BOX
original price: $165.43/box

Hy-Tape Pink Tape.1 inch x 5 yards. product #110BLF. 1 roll/box
2 FULL ROLLS
original price: $6.81/roll

Hy-Tape Pink Tape. 1/2 inch x 5 yards. product #105BLF 1 roll/box.
2 FULL ROLLS
original price: $3.33/roll

Smith & Nephew Skin Prep Protective Spray. product # 420200. 4 oz bottle.
1 FULL BOTTLE
original price: $22.87/bottle

Torbot Osto-Bond skin bonding latex adhesive. product #TR410. 4 oz can.
2 FULL cans.
original price: $20.92/can

note: some of these things i have opened the box and took things out thinking i would use them, so some wrappers will be a little crinkled etc. but everything is in its sterile individal plastic wrappers. i will also wipe down with purell (or some disinfectant) everything before i send it, just for safety sake. though none of these item were anywhere near my appy changes, but i just want to be careful!

ok, start the bargaining, people!!

farm

Captain Insaneo
Kello, let me give this list to my bro Rick and see if he can use it. He has a lifetime colostomy. I'll let you know soon and thank you!

merrywidow

mum with a dogdy tum
cant you sell them back to the chemist?
when i changed my pouches i sent the unused boxes back to the supplier.

Hi Kello :)

I know that the items you are trying to get rid of when added up were very costly. I had a temp ileo for 5 weeks a few years back and had a lot of left over supplies. The lady at Mount Sanai who taught me how to take care of everything and my home health nurse at the time, told me when I am ready to get rid of the supplies if I couldnt sell them to donate them. She said a lot of people do not have the insurance to cover supplies and because of limited income they have difficulty taking care of themselves with the ostemy properly. I did donate some of the items they wouldnt take them all but hopefully it helped some people.

thanks all, i posted this on another forum and they directed me to a charity that sends osto supplies to those without insurance and one that sneds them to poor countries (probably the same organizations that jennjenn is talking about)
so i think i will go that route if farm's brother cant use the stuff.
my insurance did cover majority of this stuff, but we still had to pay a bit on TOP of the 35 grand my parents ahve already put out there this year. i was hoping to get some back to them....but hell we are far better off than those with no ability to pay at all. for the toll its taking on my family, it probably is 100x harder on others ya?
and as far as giving it to the ostomy nurse back at the hospy? i got to go in that closet once and it is LOADED to max capacity lol, they have a ton of everything.
haha i never thought that getting rid of this stuff would be so complex lol