• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Trying to stay positive!

Last Wednesday I had my colonoscopy. I had been admitted in the hospital the night before for severe dehydration along with the awful rounds of pain and nausea. I hadn't heard from the GI nor my family doctor Since. Well I got a letter in the mail for a follow-up appt with the GI from my family doctor. No one wants to discuss my results over the phone, it's really starting to bother me. Only because they have never had any issues before telling me information over the phone. Ultimately I am terrified of what they found but ready to fight whatever the battle.
I really needed to get that off my chest because my mind is in the worst possible outcome but I know nothing will change except treatment routes.

When is the follow up appt? Have you previously been dx'ed with IBD or was this testing in an effort to be dx'ed? I'm hoping for the best for you and maybe the answers will lead to treatment that can effectively improve your issues!

2 weeks ago I went to the ER because I was having severe abdominal pain, they said it was a virus and to let it run its course. Well I was sent back to the ER 5 days later, the Dr on that shift had a CT scan completed. Said that he felt that it was crohn's and to schedule further testing. I was admitted to the hospital a week later because the symptoms hadn't stopped, the pain was increasing and I was to the point of not being able to drink any liquids. They ordered a colonoscopy for the next morning and while being discharged they weren't sure what to think. I am going to see the GI for my results on the 17th now. obviously a medical definition can't be any worse than the hell I've been living?

I'm not even sure if any if that made since. I feel like everything is coming out jumbled.

No your thoughts make perfect sense. Our health is something that can effect all aspects of our being and it is natural to be anxious in your situation! And although any dx can seem overwhelming at the onset finding out the results can lead to treatment which can improve your current state.

Please keep us updated and browse through the different subforums.

I hope things improve for you quickly!