• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Two questions about DMSO

OK I have researched this a little bit and thought about trying it and have two simple questions:

1) Which production should I buy, the 90% gel, or the 99.98% pure DMSO that needs to be diluted with distilled water?
2) I see lots of anecdotal evidence that it helps with the pain of Crohn's disease. I want something that treats the inflammation also. based on reading about how it works, it seems like it should also reduce the inflammation. Is this incorrect?

Well, I guess three questions, is anyone currently trying this? I read through a lot of positive older threads.

Thanks!

I have never used DMSO for any crohn's related pain.

I have used it for a damaged Achilles' tendon, and it worked like magic in how it eliminated the swelling and pain. This allowed it to heal quickly.

I used the 99.98 pure DMSO from Jacobs labs. I never diluted it, but it never irritated the skin either. I only applied it twice, and I did not need it again.

Make sure your hands and skin is absolutely clean and free of any soap or any other substance. The DMSO will drag in anything on your skin.

I know there are one or two people that have used this for Crohns. Maybe a search can give you more info.

Good luck

Dan

Thanks Dan.

Do you apply it with bare hands? I've read gloves, no gloves, bare hands, cotton balls, etc.