• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Two Steroids

Lynda Lynda

I am in the Hospital. The past 2 days / afternoons I have been taking a total of three 3mg Budesonide and 40 mg of Prednisone. I know it's a lot of medicine, but I need to stop this watery diarrhea. I need to go home. It's wierd to say this, but I am more interested in my quality of life that the quantity / longevity. I have a paralyzing fear of pooping in my pants in public, I can't live my life that way. I have no one to help me and I have things to do and must do them myself.

I am not sure what my GI has for a new treatment plan for me whenever I get out of the Hospital. I have a telehealth appointment scheduled on May 9th with him. I may be doing the Stelara every 4 weeks instead of every 8 weeks ? Maybe I will taper off the Budesonide while still staying on the Prednisone ?

It has been years since I have been admitted to a Hospital. I am hoping to have a formed BM today. I would like to leave here before Monday morning. I was awake the entire Friday evening. Its a tired day but be quiet one