• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Two Things

Version 1.1....

1. Occasionally sitting up straight. Pay attention to food, as it goes through the following: upper intestine, middle, lower, and just before anus.

2. Keeping track of last bowel movement.
The main reason being to avoid stool impaction.
*During heavy inflammation, the calendar will appear alot less regular - at which point you can try eating less, brat/liquid diet, or switching up something in the routine; because as it progresses, probability of a blockage could be higher. And that is true, but also know *After awhile you can intuitively know whether or not your inflammation is controllable or is at some sortve unmanagable blockage stage or something. Its avoidable, as ive been able to. And still - Many reasons there-after will contribute to infrequent/unusual bowel movements regardless. The stomach consumes lots of water from the stool also so...
*Remember to drink lots of water.

Stay positive. Mind over matter.

Last edited:
While im here, ill leave yous my story, as im also going through a week of heavy inflammation...

Ive had Crohns Disease since i was 11... 31 years old now. My mom also has it. We've both been through the ringer, whether its hospital stays, or days cradling a toilet. I thought my Twentys would be my best years... Unfortunately, by 2015-2016 the height of my symptoms had only just begun.
I live with my mom, so what ever she experiences, we've sorta shared, like we are kinda wrapped together spiritually because its easier as a team.
But things turned toxic those years.....
(I will Edit this and or include more info at a later time)

Last edited:
My mom reminded me of this, this is a new term for me, for when the body/stomach reacts to food or drink before even eating.
As it pertains to the way we feel and partially obfuscates the notion of food being digested when its in fact... Gastric Juice, or
from a cellular perspective the Gastrointestinal Epithelium.
Gastric juice is produced all the time but the amount varies subject to the regulatory factors. Regulation of gastric secretions may be divided into "cephalic", "gastric", and intestinal phases. Thoughts and smells of food start the "cephalic" phase of gastric secretion; the presence of food in the stomach initiates the "gastric" phase; and the presence of acid "chyme" in the small intestine begins the "intestinal phase".

Last edited: