• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Tysabri again

Hello all I just wanted to touch base and let you know that I was on tysabri for about 2 years and due to an insurance change I was having trouble getting them to cover. They kept wanting to call it a pre existing condition. I talked with biogen and explained to them I would be losing my insurance anyway due to my wife divorcing me. They are working on a way to get me started back on tysabri which did help while I was on this drug. Wish me luck and maybe they will get this worked out. Thanks for listening.

Mark :sign0085:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
I hope things can be sorted for you mwkwmn! and the drug proves just as effective this time round. :ghug:

:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck:

Dusty. :heart:

Hope it works out for you! I know how frustrating it is to be denied a medication that is working for you because of insurance complications!

Interested to hear about your experience on it, as my doc has mentioned it to me as a last resort. Must admit, am pretty scared about trying it. What little I have read about side effects scares the pants off me!

I will have to say that the 2 years I was on tysabri before the insurance issue it helped my crohns with no side effects. As withbevery drug there are risk but for me I had no options and was pleased overall with the drug.
Good luck to you