• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Tysabri

Hello all,

So, I did a quick search on here and saw that there isn't a whole lot about tysabri yet. I started it yesterday, so I thought I'd start a thread to share my experience with it.

For those of you who don't know what it is, here's the website:
http://www.tysabri.com/tysbProject/tysb.portal?gclid=CPyZ5s7al5YCFQOWHgodw0ws7Q

When you go on Tysabri you have to enroll in a "tracking" program and you get assigned a "case manager". Its mostly stupid, but they did take care of everything with getting pre-approval from my health insurance, so it was nice to not have to deal with that.

The infusion went fine and I haven't died yet of a horrible brain condition...so so far its going okay. ;) I'm feeling pretty good today, but I can't imagine that really is the tysabri.

So, not so much to report today, but I'll let you all know in a week. I'm really crossing my fingers on this because the doctor said that after this "we might consider surgery" which I really, really don't want!

Erin

I dunno if Mike would like to see you pluralize "hubbies" instead of using "hubby's". :)

I hope Humira works for Mike, as I know he's down to little options.

There's a small part of me that would still give a shot, but most of me is angry they don't seem to have a grasp of it long term yet.

Well I actually meant Tysabri, when I read that bit about the monotherapy issues, I became very upset about the whole thing. Seems like they dont' understand the drug yet. Humira seems less risky by far, and more understood, at least to me.

Well, its been a week since my first infusion and things seem okay. No miracles yet, but I'm still feeling pretty good (unclear whether that is caused by the Tysabri or the prednisone I was on to tide me over between my last Remicaide and first Tysabri treatments). This week I'm down to 10 mg of the prednisone, so we'll see what happens.

No side effects to report. Generally I've been feeling pretty decent. Lets hope it lasts.