• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

UC survivor

I am 43 years old, and I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in November of 2010. I was started immediately on prednisone and asacol. Six months later, I was started on Humira and did well with it for about a year. When my insurance wouldn't cover it anymore, I started treating myself with some herbal things from Dr. Shultz. While I was doing this I had no flares or problems of any kind for over 2 years. I got to the point where I was missing my herbal remedies frequently because I was busy and kept forgetting to do that or eat or lots of things that I should have been doing. It didn't taste good, so after a while I just let it go and was still didn't have any issues for another year or so. When I started finding blood in my stools too frequently, I went to see my primary. When the blood tests were done, my platlettes were off the charts and my hemoglobin was down a bit. My doctor wanted to see if there was a reason my hemoglobin was a little low, so she sent me back to my old GI Doctor who did more tests nearly 2 months later and by then it had dropped to 6.5. That was a week before Christmas last year and I am just getting ready to start back on the Humira.

If you haven't already , have your doctor test you for antibodies before you start back on the Humira. Best to you.