• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ulcer? C.Diff?

Hi everyone, I have been in so much discomfort and felt so unwell the last week. Its hard to explain but it can be painful, but definitely not obstruction pain or anything like that. But i just feel so sore, my stomachs like a washing machine. Ive been mainly going to the toilet the once a day, but sometimes 3. I do always feel i could maybe go though. Im on aza 150mg, tramadol, and entocort steroids (3mg daily). I went off my steroids but had to go back on them 3 days later due to all this.
Do you think it could be c.diff or a ulcer? Ive had huge stress last 2 weeks with a death of a friend, were doing the arrangements and his "carer" weve had to get the police onto. So thats why im pointing to ulcer maybe? Im going to call the IBD nurse tomorrow as it takes 2 weeks for a GP appointment.

cmack

Staff member
Pug,

Sorry to hear about you losing your friend. I just lost one too. I hope your stress level goes down soon. Stress makes everything worse. Tell the doctor about it maybe they would prescribe some anti anxiety meds. Lorazepam (Ativan) can be helpful for short term stress relief. It has helped me chill out before.

Let us know what happens, wishing you peace and calm,

cmack

Please don't do what i did i had a color change in my stools then came the pain and diarrhea with the putrid smell and i chose to ignore my intuition to go get a stool test and then they gave me antibiotics and i didn't take them cause i had depression and anxiety if you think you have c.diff take care of it now it will do more damage if you don't maybe even go to emergency if it gets bad also stress can cause pain

cmack

Staff member
OZ, I think you are right. A stool sample could help the treatment.You do not want infection. Trust me I've been there, around the block and back again, I did stool samples twenty times at least, it helped me at times to see what was going on. The tests are a good thing.

I have called my IBD nurse thursday, but they only do it by voicemail and they call back at some point. No call back still! I looked at GP appointments and thats 2 weeks. I do feel better though, the soreness is getting much better and at times i dont have it at all. I honestly think it could have been all the stress. But i will still get onto the nurse as aza just isnt enough for me, and i want to be tested just incase.
Thank you everyone. Ill update when she calls back lol.