• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ulcerative Colitis and Salmonella

I ate day old sushi Tuesday night containing raw salmon. Since Wednesday evening I have been experiencing extreme cramping, joint pain and low grade fevers - sounds like salmonella?

I just had a bad flare last week with a lot of bleeding.

From what I have read on the net I should just wait it out?

Thanks for any advice.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Sorry to hear all this:( I think it'd depend on how bad the pain and all is on whether or not to talk to a doctor as in emergency. But, already being in a flare wouldn't help. I'd at least check to see what your doctor says even if they tell you to ride it out. Hope you start feeling better soon. Xxxx

hi
sorry I didn't know you could get salmonella from salmon. i thought it was chicken you got it from. anyway sounds like you were already starting a flare before you ate the dodgy fish so its hard to know whats what. i think youd be best to get it checked out to be safe.