• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ulcerative Proctitis Support Group

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
No worries Grant. :hug: It's kinda hard to talk when you feel so crappy. Sorry things have been so hard on you. But, hopefully things are turning around for you even if they do it slowly. Don't blame you one bit on seeking out anything that might give you relief. Just hope it works.

I'm alright. Just exhausted all the time from the stress at work and home. Thankfully though my stomach has been cooperating for the most part. So, shouldn't complain much...

scottsma

All's OK here thanks.As usual never two days the same and can't make plans until the actual day itself.Happy to be retired, so nothing urgent except the bathroom in the mornings.hahaha.I make sure all appointments are in the afternoon.
I tried cannabis oil a few weeks ago.It's been passed by our gov.as a medicine.No highs,alas.It was ok. but very expensive.£39-95p for 10ml.I did feel more energised and my stomach seemed more settled,but it would cost a fortune to keep it up.I think we're all guilty of clutching at straws to find a miracle cure....maybe one day.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Sounds good scottsma!!! I know I dream of that day of being retired! Especially after all the stress I've been going through at work. Yup, know about trying to find a cure. Hopefully we will someday...

scottsma

Please don't wish your life away....although it's very nice being retired with a guaranteed.
income,you begin to realise that you're never going to get those earlier years back,to do all the things you wanted to do and didn't.I understand the stresses of life but it passes so quickly.Keep well and enjoy life as much as it allows.

I've been upgraded from ulcerative proctitis to Crohn's colitis (Yippee!). As a consequence , I've been switched from Canasa to balsalazide, which is working well for me, controlling my symptoms better than the Canasa did.

I have 2 boxes of unopened and unexpired Canasa that I have no need for. If there is someone out there, preferably someone for whom the cost is burdensome, please let me know so I can arrange to get them to you.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Welcome howbern! I'm glad to hear that you've finally found something that works for you!!! But, I'm afraid that we're not allowed to share medications on here. If you're worried about unused prescriptions, I think I'd talk with my pharmacy or doctor's office if that were me...

Greetings. Doc dx’d me with UC and proctitis approximately 6-7 years ago. I’ve been seeing my GI for nine years, mostly for recurring colon polyps. I’ve suffered with IBS for forty years.. may have been UC and proctitis for some of that time at least, but I just always passed it off as “spastic colon” or IBS. Lots of cramping, frequent and urgent diarrhea , and “dumping syndrome” for decades. By the time I went for my first colonoscopy in 2010 (at the age of sixty one) my GI informed me that not only did he find a massive precancerous six cm polyp, but that I also had UC and proctitis. At one point a few years ago, he also muttered something about borderline Crohn’s. 🤔 So here I am. I had found this support forum in 2014 and posted in the Crohn’s forums a time or two.
My GI doc moved to Fla. this year and I had to find a new GI clinic. Hated that. Will meet my new GI in August and we’ll review my GI history together and go from there.
The only thing I take is two 500 mg Azulfedine bid. But I have noticed more frequent flares this year and they are not one bit pleasant. A lot of constant low abdominal pain, (mostly right sided) and low back along the tailbone and rectal area. But instead of my usual diarrhea, I have done a 180 to frequent bouts of constipation. Shocking! 😳 So not used to that.

I have never experienced bloody stools, as so many with UC describe, however. Occasional mucous, often shredded looking, or fragmented. But never bloody. So I’m still confused as to a proper diagnosis. Maybe this new GI can help provide an accurate picture of what’s going on. I’m on a q 2 years colonoscopy schedule due to polyps, including a sessile polyp last year. Ugh. Will check back here in August after meeting my new GI doc. In the meantime I do hope these flares calm down in duration and frequency. 🙁

Last edited:

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
My goodness Jnette!!!! I'm sorry to hear all that you've been going through! I sure do hope that you're able to find a good GI in august and they're able to get you taken care of. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you. Take care. 🤗

Good luck with your new G.I. Jnette. I don't know whats worse, the endless diarrohea or bouts of constipation. Because when I get that I get really anxious having had bowel obstructions in the past. When its over I thank god, when I have diarrohea I beg him to get it to go away. God cant win with Crohns!
Best Wishes
Grant