• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Undergoing tests for colitis and crohns

I am 38 years old and an am currently undergoing tests for colitis. Consultant has confirmed colitis and have a colonoscopy booked in on Monday which I am very nervous about. I have been suffering from diahrea and cramps lower down. I am now very concerned as I have been experiencing heartburn and liquid gurgling away in my chest along with a sore throat. Doctor says it is very unlikely it will go to my chest. I also have a very sharp pain like a stitch to the right of my chest.I have been put on landparole meds. I am hoping this is all just stress but am not sure , any advice would be appreciated.

Scipio

For the heartburn I suggest antacids and/or PPIs. For the possibility of IBD, just sit tight until Monday. You'll probably know a lot more after the colonoscopy.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Stress will do all kinds of things to your stomach and body. It's just not a good thing for us! I hope you can get some answers on monday. Please keep us updated and am sending you lots of hugs!

Lynda Lynda

Are you getting a colonoscopy AND endoscopy ? I recently had both done. I have Acid Reflux, so I take Pantoprazole ( a prescription) and if I need to Extra Strength Gaviscon ( over-the-counter ) too. I never recline any time after I have consumed food or beverages. I cannot tolerate acidic food, so I avoid it....orange juice, coffee, tomato sauces. I've had 4 colonoscopies and had no issues. I was totally sedated during each one of them.
Take Care and hope you feel better. 🐝

I am just having a colonoscopy as they are not sure exactly what it is. I have a feeling I might have to have an endescopy on another day if my chest pains continue. Last night I panicked as I could feel my chest tightening, I know I have made it worse due to stress. I seem to have a horrible phobia about medical procedures.

Such an annoying day today. Got myself geared up for colonoscopy and did bowel prep and went to hospital. Waited for 5 hours only for them to tell me they had to cancel it. An elderly lady had complications with her surgery and had to be rushed back to theatre. Next date now is the 11th June which seems ages away and we are going away at the end of July. On a positive note, luckily my husband asked the consultant if I could have some medication in the meantime and he has prescribed some penetessa suppositories for me to try.

Lynda Lynda

Louise, I am so sorry you had to go through all of that !
I agree that June is ages away.
I hope the suppositories work until your colonoscopy is done.
Sending my support and hugs.
🌻