• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Undiagnosed 18 year old, concerned

Got my blood taken yesterday and I'm dropping my stool sample in tomorrow, he's testing for faecal calprotectin so I'm guessing he suspects IBD or IBS, he also prescribed me Alverine.

It all started for me about a month ago where my stomach just became extremely bloated, after that it turned to cramps all over my abdomen, never in one place for very long, and then I had really bad fatigue in my limbs, couldn't stomach much food so I stuck to soups and the like for a while, I've had random fevers, joint pains, inconsistent bowel movements (never really quite solid but not quite extreme diarrhea), I've had very bad gas and bloating in the last week or two, especially when I wake up, I'll just fart like 30 times (sorry, TMI!), and since 6 weeks ago I've lost about 8 lbs.

The reason I'm concerned is that it seems most people report symptoms on a more extreme end of the spectrum, like very severe stomach pains and bad diarrhea, everything I've had has been sort of moderate in comparison but it's been consistent.

Has anyone with Crohn's experienced similar symptoms to these, or does this sound like something else?

Agree, it is too soon to tell at this stage. Some people here have Crohn's with no symptoms whatsoever so although you can read about the "textbook" IBD cases, in reality people can have all, some, or none of the typical symptoms. The fecal calproctectin should be a good indicator.

I got blood taken last Monday and submitted the stool sample on Tuesday, should I ring up and ask if results are available or does it usually take longer?