• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Undiagnosed-but have all the symptoms

Hi all,

Wow, I'm scared. I'm 33, married, and father of a 13 month old. The symptoms started 2 weekends ago and haven't gotten any better. The bloody stool (almost every BM) is most scary. I have almost every symptom listed on the various websites.

I have a doctor's appointment Friday morning, but not a GI. Am I ok waiting this long?

Hi,
Seeing blood can be really worrying is it a lot of blood? Is it dark or light red? I would say the appointment on Friday would probably be ok but if you start to feel worse see if you can get an urgent appointment.

Hi,
Seeing blood can be really worrying is it a lot of blood? Is it dark or light red? I would say the appointment on Friday would probably be ok but if you start to feel worse see if you can get an urgent appointment.
Thanks for the reply. It's a bright red, usually just on the tp, but lately in the water as well.

It could be something like a fissure which can be painful and bleed before/after a BM or haemorrhoids, these are the usual causes for bright red blood but you should always get it checked out and find out what is the cause.
Hope the Drs appointment goes well and they can get this sorted for you.

It could be something like a fissure which can be painful and bleed before/after a BM or haemorrhoids, these are the usual causes for bright red blood but you should always get it checked out and find out what is the cause.
Hope the Drs appointment goes well and they can get this sorted for you.

Thanks again Kayleigh. The blood issue seems to have gotten worse today. Seems to happen right after the BM as in just blood, not mixed with the stool. Wow, this is freaking scary!

Also, never really in all that much pain, but I do have a high tolerance to pain.

Sorry for the continuous blog, but this is so strange. 2 BMs with terrible pain in the morning before breakfast. Slowly ate banana for breakfast, nothing immediate, but three hours later, 2 bloody BMs. Three flour tortillas for lunch, did pretty well, but a couple hours later, really bloody BM.

The kicker? Dinner: 8oz burger and fries from room service (too nervous to go out to eat) and three scotch on the rocks... Nothing other than my tummy making the typical continuous grumbling 5 hours later.

Sort of like yesterday-couple of bms in the morning (1 bloody), eat a ham sandwich (w tomato) for lunch and before I could even finish the first half, had to go. When I was done, ate second half and had to go again. Had half a terayaki beef kabob, rice, and sautéed spinach for dinner...and nothing until the morning.

It's sounds like a good idea to get seen sooner if the blood is increasing. Sometimes I find I am worse first thing in the morning as any food that survived for the day before has made its way through and can make me spend a long time in the bathroom.
Try not to worry yourself to much, easier said than done, go and see the dr and get some answers. Once you know what it is you are dealing I found it made it easier to deal with. Wishing you all the best and let us know what happens with the dr

First of all try not to panic, I know that is easier to say than do , but stress will make your symptoms worse.

Secondly , unfortunately these problems often take a long time to sort out , lots of tests and waiting for test appointments and results so waiting till Friday is quite normal and I am sure you will be ok till then - it took me about six months to get diagnosed :ybatty: ( having said that if you really do feel things are getting unbearable or you are especially worried about a symptom do go to A&E).

Finally I would recommend that in the meantime you look at the low residue diet and try to eat more frequent , lighter meals to help your digestive system cope with whatever is happening to it. This really did help me in the early stages.

Sorry to hear you are going through this, I know it is a worrying time but hang in there and good luck.

It's sounds like a good idea to get seen sooner if the blood is increasing. Sometimes I find I am worse first thing in the morning as any food that survived for the day before has made its way through and can make me spend a long time in the bathroom.
Try not to worry yourself to much, easier said than done, go and see the dr and get some answers. Once you know what it is you are dealing I found it made it easier to deal with. Wishing you all the best and let us know what happens with the dr

Thanks again. Really appreciate the responses! And will do re: the updates.

First of all try not to panic, I know that is easier to say than do , but stress will make your symptoms worse.

Secondly , unfortunately these problems often take a long time to sort out , lots of tests and waiting for test appointments and results so waiting till Friday is quite normal and I am sure you will be ok till then - it took me about six months to get diagnosed :ybatty: ( having said that if you really do feel things are getting unbearable or you are especially worried about a symptom do go to A&E).

Finally I would recommend that in the meantime you look at the low residue diet and try to eat more frequent , lighter meals to help your digestive system cope with whatever is happening to it. This really did help me in the early stages.

Sorry to hear you are going through this, I know it is a worrying time but hang in there and good luck.
Thank you, as well for the response. I've tried to do the low residue diet since yesterday. So far, so good. Didn't really realize I (potentially) have crohns until Sunday. Decided to stay here for my business meetings and just go to the GP Friday as planned.

Knock on wood, so far, today has been a good day. Two small BMs WITHOUT blood (finally!), though I just ate lunch, so we'll see.