• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Undiagnosed... Could it be Crohn's or ibs

Hi,
I'm new here and just wanted to get some information. I'm due to have a colonoscopy in two weeks and I'm wondering if I could have a mild case of crohns or could it be ibs. My symptoms started last year just before I went to America for a J1. I started to get very bad diarrhoea most days but i put down a stress and anxiety about moving away for three months. When I got to New York the diarrhoea continued most days and I got cramps and bad heart burns but that's it. I came home in August a month early because I felt to tired and Shitty. Those symptoms stayed the same for another month but again I put it down to stress and not eating the best while over there. My mum is a nurse so I wouldn't get much sympathy with her and she said I probably picked up a viral infection or it's just ibs. About a month later the diarrhoea stopped and now I only get the about once a month. Though I do have a constant pain in my lower right side, Very localised. It's never really bad just constantly there and annoying. It some times becomes sharp and stabbing but for like a second and then goes away. I still get bad heartburn and other cramps and I do get constipated. I won't have a bowl movement for 4/5 days and then would get loose movements but not diarrhoea. Any sorry for going on and on but wanted to get people's thoughts on it.
I'm a 21 year old female, no others medical conditions. Exercise normally and eat more or less healthy. I do get really bad hangovers from drink like most times i drink I would vomit and be on the toilet the whole next day. And I'm on the pill since i was 15 for very heavy and painful periods. I'm off that now until the colonoscopy