• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Undiagnosed

Hello everyone!
I've just discovered this site today and has been interesting reading everyone's stories....
At the moment I am waiting on the hospital to get me in for a colonoscopy (so far i've been waiting 3 months, now have a second urgent referral)
Looking into IBD and it's symptons it seems to match what has been happening to me for the past few years...

Around 2 years ago I started getting blood in my stool, not diarrhea.. I didn't do anything about it as I felt weird talking to someone about it. The bleeding stopped and didn't return until last week.
Apart from the bleeding I've been having very frequent (around 4-5 times a day) bowel movements which are different everyday, sometimes d with intense pain, sometimes tenseness.. it pretty much changes everyday and doesn't seem to matter what I eat, although sometimes milk can make it worse.
I've also had quite bad lower back pain for a few years and bouts of sciatica, did have a ct scan for this but nothing showed...
I have eczema and dermatitis.
Had conjunctivitis over the Christmas break.
Have had UTIs frequently over the past 6 months.
Was in ED last year due to liver issues
Also have frequent heartburn

Anyway when I first went to the docs about the bowel movements around 8 months ago the doc thought it could be IBS so told me to take fibre, which i did and this didn't help.
Went back to docs and was told to take laxatives for the constipation... bad idea... took them once and was a horrible experience

Now i'm just waiting on the colonoscopy as the doc suspects it could be colitis...

I haven't lost any weight, in fact have put on weight but this could be due to implanon...

Any thoughts from anyone on what it could be.. it's killing me waiting on the colonoscopy!:ymad:

Welcome. I sure hope you can get a colonoscopy soon. That is usually the test that can help diagnose IBD. Is the bleeding bright red or dark?

Thanks Danny..

It's bright red... none on the toilet paper though, freaked me out!
Yeah hoping for the colonoscopy real soon, public hospitals have long queues though!

So update:
still waiting on the colonoscopy/gastroscopy and pain has been gradually getting worse, so bad that I ended up in emergency twice last week. The first time I went in was with intense abdominal pains with d some vomiting, very high fever and blood in stool. I was discharged with a referral for an ultrasound... discharged at around 6am... around 2 am the next day I woke with even worse pains with more vomiting and fever again... so back to emergency when I spent the night and was taken for the ultrasound and the I was admitted. The ultrasound found nothing apparently but I was kept overnight as they thought it could be appendicitis or gallstones, I was prepped for surgery. Blood tests and urine samples came back... blood tests all good but they did find a urine infection.... I didn't have any of the normal symptoms for a urine infection though..

In the end 3 doctors told me 3 different things so I thought I better get out of hospital... docs gave me some antibiotics but no painkillers so had to get some myself, I've been on oxynorm everyday since.

Pain is still there, it comes and goes and food seems to effect it. Visited my local GP who was very helpful, much better then the docs in hospital! I've got a referral for a GI and need to get some more blood tests... so hopefully I'll be able to get these scopes soon as this pain is pretty unbearable! Along with the pain I've also had more blood in stools...

Hmph! would like some answers, every doc I've seen just can't figure it out!