• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Undiagnosed

Hi,
First day here and first post. So far I have not been diagnosed so just starting out. They suspect IBS or Crohns. I have a friend with Crohns so I have seen some of the problems.
First let me say the last 4 years have been a crazy stressful mess. Without much detail let me say I gave up a job in Ca in 04 and moved back to Mi to care for my parents. I lost my dad in 08 and my mom in 2010. I was their caretaker. I had a fiance that walked out in the middle of the night and never said goodby in 09. So stress has been my friend for a long time. I know stress is not good so I am trying to slow that down.
I have Sarcoidosis another autoimmune disease and just finished a bout with breast cancer. They are also looking at my thyroid. Go figure. During radiation I started having terrible pains in my stomach and bloating/gas. It seems I can not even drink water when it is irritated. Two years ago I had my gallbladder removed and that made things worst. I have been told I had IBS back years ago but nobody tested me at that time.
I am 60 years old and really getting confused about what to do. So I joined this forum so I could learn, read, ask questions. Also to avoid unnecessary tests and just go for the right ones.
I am currently on prednisone low dose (5mgs) for my other disease and I can see you all hate it too. I always called the little white pills satins.... tic tacs....no matter how much they help.
So that is my story.

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear that you have had to go through so much in recent years :( What tests so far have been done to look into your tummy problems and what symptoms do you get? With regards to the Pred, how long have you been on this at the 5mg and did you notice whether the tum improved at higher doses? Also have you noticed whether certain foods make things worse at all?

AB
xx

Jim (POPS)

Jim (Pops)
BUNKIE,
First off welcome to the forum. This place has been so helpful for me and I think you will find the same. I live in No. California and as you I was also told that I had IBS for about 15 years. Then, when I retiared, I was told that I had crohns at age 61. Man, what a bummer that was. I was very mad because I had worked all my life and it was time to have fun and I couldn't. (So I thongh) They found my crohns while taking out my apendix and that was the only health problum that I ever had. Now, 3 operations later I'm starting to get my life back.
I am so sorry for all you have been through, but you sound like a strong girl. You have just found the best place there is for support with crohns. I find it a great help going to the chatroom here. I have alot of friends there and they are the BEST. I hope to see you there soon, and make sure you say HI to me so I can introduce you to all the great people. Most of the time we are in the room at around 6PM California time. but in and out all the time.
Jim (Pops)

Thanks everyone who replied. I will try to get to the chat soon. Yup I have been through a lot but we all have. These auto immune diseases are a pain and there are so many. Yikes!!!
The only test I have had was an upper GI about 2 years ago. That result was gerd and a mild hernia. I am waiting for the GI appointment while they paly with my thyroid.

My symptoms are pain bubbling, gas and loose stools. Seems everything I eat makes it rumble...even water when it is upset. No nausea but I have to stay close to a restroom most days. Anything fried or high fat goes right through me but the drs blame that on my gallbladder surgery. I have been having stomach issues for longer than that. I loose weight easy if I try to eat healthy.

I have been reading a lot of your posts here. Learning quite a bit.