• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Up A creek

Here because i feel not only bloated but let down by my family who think that us people who have test's like gastroscopes and endoscopes shoved up all orifices because it's all the rage like having bowel problems is some kind of fashion trend tried to go it alone yet here i am back again :)

Last edited by a moderator:

scottsma

Welcome to the forum,I'm really sorry you're not getting the important support you need from your family.Unfortunately,it's not uncommon.You'll get lot's of support from us,
but it can never compare to the support you need and deserve.There will be people along soon who are in the same situation.No one who doesn't suffer from crohns,can feel as we feel,but it is getting to be far more common and talked about than it has been in the past.
Feel free to give vent,we even have a thread for the purpose.Best wishes.

Thanks scottsma i have been on here before you may remember me as anitaspaul which i still am :) gonna kip and catch up later

Guess i am back here because i am tired of sounding like i am moaning to not only my mum and family but also to my partner who i love to bit's really don't have a clue what is wrong with my stomach and feel here is the best place to share concerns and maybe find some answers

scottsma

I know exactly what you mean.Sometimes I get sick of hearing myself.Although I count myself fortunate compared to many on the forum,I never have two days the same.Most are bad mornings,lasting until almost lunch time.
So feel free and have a good old moan.Because there's always someone who can relate to your symptoms and understand exactly how you feel.My husband is also my best friend,and although he cares,he can't feel my stress and pain.

fuzzy butterfly

Welcome back i also recall you as anitaspaul. Sorry you are back tho. yep it is hard when people in your life cant understand just what its like to have this monster we call crohns. We are always here to help as best we can. So dont be shy lol. Sending hugs n support.
best wishes 💕

ahhh i dunno if I'm shy just so bloated guess how i got used to putting up with it is by trying to keep quiet lol two decades of trail n error n nothing much helps ease the abdominal distension wish someone could get to the bottom of it excuse the pun ☺

fuzzy butterfly

Oh so very true . If you say nothing people think theres nothing wrong n if you say something they either dont believe you or think it cant be as bad as you say. Argh so fustrating...😡 oh my brains been that foggy lately it takes me all the brain power iv got left to know its me i see the mirror. Lol. By saying dont be shy b4 i meant that we are here if u need us and come n moan or be happy when you want.Not that you were shy as such lol☺

Been to mancs long ago and though it's a great place won't be repeating the journey any time soon but i am excited to be traveling further afield back to Durban in July to meet my beautiful lady and hopefully have a bit more fun ;)

fuzzy butterfly

Its not that great to be honest. So dont feel u have to be polite lol. Aw nice one that will be great. Hope it all goes well for you n you both get to have an amazing time together😉

fuzzy butterfly

I guess it aint to bad, but i prefer York or Chester. Just bcoz Manchester has lost alot of its historical buldings over time n since it was bombed 20yrs back. Im an old old buildings fan you see. Dont like this modern stuff its got no soul as i say lol. 💕

No i don't like these modern buildings that are springing up around London think the worst has got to be the gherkin lol who ever designed that must've been eating a bag of chip's with a pickled gherkin in while inebriated wasn't the new buildings in Mancs i liked there we're these model cows spread randomly around think there was an exhibition of some kind at the time lol

fuzzy butterfly

Oh lordy the gherkin what IS that all about lol. Oh ye i remember the cow thing going on ☺ that was random not sure what i made of that one haha. Never been to that London as we say up here. I would like to see some of the buildings there ,tho somehow iv also never really fancied going to London !!! No real idea why lol. Knowing me i would probly like it if i did go 😃

I have idea's of relocating further afield no need to say where :) as you say about mancs londons not all it's cracked up to be though it would improve a thousand fold if my Anita moved here 💖💕☺

fuzzy butterfly

Aw ye im sure it would hun. If you can relocate go for it. You only regret what you didnt do!!☺. Im sure Anita would be very happy if you did too.💑 it must be hard being so far apart. what is it they say. You only live once, so i say make the most of it.:dance:

Haha now i have this image of you jumping in the bath and si king through the floor hope you live in your own home and not a top floor apartment 😯😉😅

itz a cheese string ting lol guess your now walking around saying I'm cheese in a high pitched voice ☺☺☺ though that could be strictures

On that fodmap diet least i am trying to be and thankfully cathedral city n harvarti cheese are on the ok to eat list my 2 fave cheeses quite nice on gluten free crumpets ☺

fuzzy butterfly

Wow wish i could get that much im lucky if i get 6hrs at once. Thus. why i look like iv just been dug up most days 😃.
Hope you have a good day ☺

Still a bit of a nervous wreck lol but is it possible that after eating loads of bio yoghurt that bloating can suddenly feel better lastnight while going off to sleep am almost sure that my abdomen feels a bit better

Good for some bad for others like crossing a black cats path in some countries doesn't necessarily mean you're gonna get good luck lol ☺

They are inexperienced and uneducated as human beings that is all, it's going to take some time for them to understand. Iv'e had a similar experience with my own family. They don't have medical degrees nor do they have any friends with chronic health conditions, they just have no clue at the moment I guess.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong Bill it's not family that i have a problem with just say some locals need to steer clear and leave it at that otherwise I'm feeling pretty damn good and aim to keep it that way ☺☺☺

fuzzy butterfly

Now now dont be putting all that good yogurt to waste by stressing out about the local idiots. Keep calm n carry on (with the yogurt).. ☺💕

fuzzy butterfly

Haha wat u like !!. Hey i give up worring about inconsiderate ignorant people ages ago . Of what use are they to anyone...wont waste what energy iv got on the likes of them.lol 😆

Don't get me wrong Bill it's not family that i have a problem with just say some locals need to steer clear and leave it at that otherwise I'm feeling pretty damn good and aim to keep it that way ☺☺☺
Maybe keep some of your medical details too yourself unless someone specifically wants to know more. Talk about it if you have too but start of in the most general of terms like "Medical condition" if they want to know more say "autoimmune" then if they want more say "crohns/ibd", then if they want more say "diarhea 3-20x a day depending on how well drugs suppress it" and so on and so forth. Followed by, keep this confidential please unless absolutely necessary, and then that's the end of the conversation. Took me a while to get this method down. but then sometimes you don't have to be this cautious.

It's not that it's how i feel in general which breathing and bloating aside as that at least is feeling better is pretty giddy or nauseous so i like to live with it by being quiet or trying to not so easy in the middle of a city with nieghbours to the right and left

fuzzy butterfly

Morning glad u got a good kip . I got about 7hrs which is pretty good for me as i only woke once during it. Quick loo trip n back to sleep. On my way to work now on the bus. Most of the passengers are sat with their eyes shut lol. Have a good day 💕

After speaking to my brother feel less guilty with regards to what ever it is I'm suffering from whether ibd/ibs or sleep apnoea/copd and more proud of it gonna have a marathon sleep now feel like i deserve it ☺

scottsma

I love to walk.I used to do 6mls a day about 10yrs ago,plus 3 fitness/dance classes a week.I really miss those days.I still try to walk daily, but don't do close to what I used to.Problem is I'm now dogless,sadly.Hubby cycles and I've recently been presented with a bike from said hubby.It's many years since I cycled,but I'm really looking forward to it.Trouble is,I'm taking a bit getting started.Weather,crohns,arthritis etc,etc.Hahaha

Last i tried riding a bike around 93 94 when i first developed the abdominal distension wasn't that far i ended up walking with the bike lol can't even imagine riding one now though still like to walk sometimes. Way back in my well day's walking 2 or 3 boroughs and back was my norm now i just about manage to the bottom of the road and back haha what a sad state of affairs ☺☺☺ hope your all well as can be though some would beg to differ; )

fuzzy butterfly

Walking eh!! Spent the last 11yrs walking a shop floor all day long. Would love to know the miles iv clocked up. Probably walked to New zealand n maybe back lol 😆 keep well you all 💕💕

Good morning all another sound sleep awaking barely 5 minutes before my special ladies good morning text and about 20 minutes before my alarm ☺☺☺ despite one of them unneeded arguments felt pretty relaxed and fell asleep quite quickly in the end xxxXXX somewhere between 8 to 9 hours

No was only joking she likes her own space as much as i do and I'm here because of my sleep apnoea appointment on Wednesday and to help her with something

Thank you Mands very eager to find out if i have sarf london sleep apnoea sickness xxx XXX ☺☺☺ if i do will get a cpap device and see if it helps will enter the sleep Olympics if it does lol

fuzzy butterfly

Youre welcome. Oh ok well let me know how it goes . If you have got it n the cpap works that will be good. I think that you would better if you were with your love in Durban tho eh!!😉☺

Don't let ma funky tremorz delude you i may blow up in a wannabez face when least expect it n sumonez bout to regret playin me fo a fool ya git me guy lol ☺☺☺

I was Dx 24 years ago, and have had symptoms from a very young age!

Last weekend for a family dinner my mom made dinner using a ton of pepper!
Now I have never expected for anyone to follow my diet but, from my mom I
expect the courtesy of at least being told before I sit down and start to eat. It
was a pasta dish so not easy to see. I am more than happy to bring my own food
if I need to. So I feel your pain!

I hope you are able to find the understanding you need and deserve here!!

Lauren

Apparently some peppers are ok on the fodmap diet chilli red peppers cayenne pepper are fine even tomatoes as long as there's no paste pasta i use gluten free fusli or penne my family and friends and the love of my life are always slagging of the fodmap but honestly most of the food doesn't seem too bad ☺☺☺

56.8kg today 67bpm 100 spo2 my necks stiffer then a pile of ironing with sprayed on starch and i have more clicks then a pooptube video gone viral lol ☺☺☺

And if my s6 health app tells me to be more active imma bung ma phone outta da damn window did 7000 steps the other day 1449 healthy steps I'm on walking strike until this evening lol

Guess I'm lucky i didn't take my friends dog neera or we would've ended up sharing her poop scoop while she was out taking me walkies on Clapham Common *woofwoof* the locals already think I'm barking ;/

fuzzy butterfly

Lol iv only gone all day n forgot to take a single tablet. Boy oh boy am i sufferin now . What a plonker that busy totaly forgot duh !!!!😕😕

Just been to sleep clinic and got the device i have to wear tonight a little bit different than the one i was told i would get a lot smaller to will let you know how the results come out within 4 weeks

breathless/sleepless in islington but after the chat to the doctor at my appointment yesterday and reading up about the efficiency of the cpap mask seems that apart from getting used to wearing it which differs from person to person the device should work straight away kind of giving up on family worked out during my stay here that they don't support me i mean apart from the emphysema/copd i have at least 2 more conditions on top of it even read that eye problems such as glaucoma are related to the sleep apnoea i struggle daily yet I'm supposed to be like superman in my mum's eyes and support myself looking forward to going home and cutting contact with family all together do hope though that I've managed to help mum sort an issue she has but apart from that want nothing to do with them anymore sucks a bit but I'm actually good with it anyway and onto a better note the money to pay for the rest of the apartment in durban got paid in so will pay it when i get home finally ☺☺☺

Been home since around 3 and happy to be here lol paid off a bit more of the apartment balance will pay the remainder next week then start google ooglin for a flight have a pair of lime green adidas gazelle in mind to 29.00 euros ☺☺☺

Just got my sky high broadband connection going so I'm sure that i will have some sort of connection while I'm over in durban won't forget any of you do actually appreciate that at least here we're all on the same page and i can come here and let off a bit of steam or if you excuse the pun talk shit heh heh ☺☺☺