• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Upcoming colonoscopy

Backstory: Crohn's since 2003, flaring since 2010, failed Cimzia, azathioprine, entocort, apriso and currently on Remicade, methotrexate, lialda, vsl3, immodium. Symptoms: loose to watery BMs 3-5 times a day, daily abdominal pain. My symptoms are not near as severe as they were before starting Remi in January, but the fact that I'm still having symptoms while on all these meds is concerning. They increased my Remi to 10mg/kg in June, then shortened the interval to every 6 weeks in August. They moved up my next infusion to 5 weeks, which is next Friday.

They are going to do a scope on Wednesday to see if there's any visible activity (my Crohn's has always been in my TI and all through colon). I'm doing the miralax/gatorade prep starting Tuesday.

On one hand, I hope they find activity that will explain my current issues, but that means the meds aren't working and I have to move to Tysabri. If that doesn't work, all that's left are clinical trials. On the other hand, it would nice to hear I'm in remission...but then where is the pain/diarrhea coming from? Anyway, wish me luck! 3 days until hell/prep day.