• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

*UPDATE* Dr's office nightmare

P

plagueius

I went to my appointment today. Here's the rundown. I show up at 2:45. 15 minutes later I'm in the room waiting for the dr.. 1 hour later I step out and say to someone "Hey is he showing up or what?". 30 minutes later I come back out and I'm getting pissed. They tell me I'll have reschedule because my dr. has become ill. Then they decide to relay my test results to me after consulting him. Oh and refund my insurance copay for the long wait.(finally good news).
Now here's the results....I was being urine tested for the second time for Carcinoid cancer. This is the results of my second test. ABNORMAL ! Noe I will be reffered to an Oncologist to be further tested to rule out this cancer and hopefully find another reason for my symptoms. That is unless I don't have cancer.
Since my dr. wasn't present I was unable to ask question after question. That sucks.
I'm crossing my fingers. I don't know what to think. Was I misdiagnosed for Crohn's? Could I have something worse? I don't know and it's very lonely place to be when you're in this position. Although my sisters have great.
STEVE

Oh my gosh, I really hope it all works out for you and you get answers to all of the questions that you have

go to another doc Steve, they told me I had cancer and it was not true. You'll be fine go see another opiniom. Good Luck .. Leo

J

jojo_bunny

Sorry to hear you had to go through this today, really hope it all works out ok for you.

:sun:

Chin up

B

btcrv

Good luck steve. It sounds like the doctor did not make the news any easier to bear for you. I would definately go for the second opinion idea.

M

meowsie

Ugh. No fun. I'll be eager to hear what the oncologist says. Hang in there, Steve.

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Sucks about the doc being sick.

What ever is going on, just do not worry. Worrying will result in nothing good being done and you only making yourself worse off. Just focus on being healthy and relaxed and calm, and realize this will all get figured out soon.

Thanks for the updates though.