• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Update on bev......not good

DustyKat

Super Moderator
This is an update from FB and it's not good news.................

To let everyone know on Beverly's FB account, . especially the ones that are also on the Crohns Forum, This is her husband Jeff. Beverly is very ill with a fast speading cancer, I was told it is terminal but I still want to hold on to Hope that she can pull through this nasty, vicious cancer that is taking this beautiful, wonderful woman from our lives.

Oh no, thinking about you MisB and your family.......................

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

:hang:

Dusty.

I was just checking to see if anyone had posted about this most recent update. I'm so sad to hear the news has gotten worse. If any of you are believe in prayers, positive thoughts, warm wishes, whatever....Bev and her family sure could use it all right about now!

We love you, Bev!!

Bev has my thoughts and prayers..... All of them right now.....
bev we love you and are praying very hard for you!!!!!

lots of love

I am so very sorry to hear this. Life seems so unfair sometimes. I will be praying and sending many positive thoughts out to Bev and her family.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Thanks for posting this Dusty.... I am lost for words, and I prayed this wasnt going to happen. Just let them know we are all thinking of her and love her and sending heartfelt prayers. Keep fighting girl...it's worth it!! Gosh I really miss seeing her posts.:(

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I posted it on your FB Bev but just in case you some how randomly see this thread first I drew this picture for you cause my mom told me that I wouldn't be able to send you anything. I don't have a tablet and kind of suck at drawing with a mouse though. :p

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Oh Bev and Jeff and all, I'm so sorry to hear this!! Keep fighting Bev!! You are a beautiful, caring, loving woman!! If anyone deserves a miracle, it's you!!! Believe in the miracle Bev!! Don't give up!!!!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
From FB........................

Beverly and I had a very personal, inspirational and wonderful talk this evening, the first since this ordeal started. Beverly knows that she has cancer. She knows that it is killing her. She knows that she does not ...have much longer here on earth and she knows she is going to go to a better place. This is the first time my family has had to go through this ordeal. I/we know that there are people out there that know more about this stuff. What Beverly and I know is that she has a very aggressive cancer eating away inside her.
Whether one Dr says stage 4 and another says stage 3 with his hand in the air shaking back and forth, they all say "We are very sorry, but we are doing the best we can to fight this cancer, but without Beverly's help she will not last much longer" If you want to call it stage 3, 4 or terminal, it does not matter. the cancer is killing her. Beverly KNOWS this she is also very weak and cannot get out of bed, she wants to but
it hurts her too much to move. She cannot start chemo until she is stronger. If she can get stronger and walks on her own, the sooner she starts chemo, the better chance she has of staying with us a little longer. We have no estimated time on this evil that is in her on how long she has. could be weeks, could be months, there is just no telling.
DON'T GET ME WRONG! she/we are not giving up hope! With prayers and Gods will she can be here for a long while. But it is up to her and her only. She is going in for a procedure this morning to draw fluid from her lungs, yes, she has a lot of fluid in her lungs, to see whether the cancer has spread to there yet. Her BP is low and her heart rate is high, she has blood in her urine and her liver is elevated. That is it for now. So no one get's the wrong story or cannot yet face reality. Beverly NEEDS OUR PRAYERS now more than ever, God bless all of you and good night.

this news is very painful for us all to read - Bev, from day one, has been an essential part of our family here, reaching out to others in need of care & support, when all the time she wasn't feeling well herself.

i am heartbroken to read what's happening to our lovely Bev, and cannot begin to imagine how horrible these days are for her and her loved ones... my thoughts are with them all, and on behalf of Crohn's Forum, i'd like to thank Bev for coming into our lives - she is one very special lady, and anyone who's life has been touched by knowing her has known just how special and wonderful she is.

Bev - if you get to hear this message - we love you honey.. be strong, and know that all of us are thinking of you, praying for you, and caring about you. and we are more sorry than mere words can say, to know how things are for you right now. ((big hugs)) Bev. xxxxxx

so sorry to hear this...my thoughts & prayers go out to bev and her family at this time..i will light a candle today and say a prayer that you can get better & another for your family so they can stay strong through such a sad time like this

Bev, Family & Friends,

I am sending all of the positive energy, thoughts,prayers,and wishes that I can!!! Try to stay strong. You are in my every thought!!!! Be well my forum friend, be well.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Bev... I thought about you all night and all the lovely posts you had and comforted me and others and you will never know how much you have touched our lives forever.

You fought you whole way through this past year not knowing what was wrong and even though you had to struggle we found a wonderful person who has taught us never to give up. Big hugs and lots love. ((((Hugs)))) xxx

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Oh no, I am so saddened to read this. I am holding back tears (trying not to cry because I'm at work). Bev, I am so sorry that this is happening to you and I wish you and your family did not have to go through this. I don't know if you'll read this, but I will be thinking of you and hoping every day for the best possible outcome. Please try to stay strong, you need to fight this. Sending you lots of hugs and positive thoughts.

Thanks Dusty for posting the updates.

at 8pm this evening i am going to light a candle for Bev, and i will be concentrating on her, sending all the love & healing wishes i can.... if anyone would like to join with me, please do so - i do believe in the power of human love, so the more of us joining together at one time, the better.

8pm here in the UK is in four and a half hours from now.. here is a world time zone to help anyone who's unsure where 8pm UK time falls where they are.... http://www.worldtimezone.com/

This is such disheartening to hear. I didn't have a chance to get to know Bev, but can tell that she is a wonderful, caring woman. I will be lighting my candle and saying a prayer. I look forward to meeting her someday.

Bev & family, I am so very sorry that this is happening to you. You are such wonderful, bright light and have been a dear member of the family here. I too will be sending you prayers, strength and hope. God bless my friend.

Jerry

Dallies

Dragonfly
at 8pm this evening i am going to light a candle for Bev, and i will be concentrating on her, sending all the love & healing wishes i can.... if anyone would like to join with me, please do so - i do believe in the power of human love, so the more of us joining together at one time, the better.

8pm here in the UK is in four and a half hours from now.. here is a world time zone to help anyone who's unsure where 8pm UK time falls where they are.... http://www.worldtimezone.com/
I will join you Ding, it's a lovely thought and I also believe in the power of human love and us all coming together for our lovely Bev xxxx

Silvermoon

1pm in AB Canada... and I will be there....

"some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our heart and we are never the same..."

That isn't exactly the direct quote, but I know Bev has left a huge footprint on my heart, and on the hearts of many here.... I don't mean to sound negative, but I do know that no matter what happens, she will always be here... and she will always be with me.......

Thoughts of peace to Bev and her family.....

I don't know her that well, but I know when she was having some very serious issues - she was still on here helping people, and my self.

Astra

Yes I'll be there at 8pm too for the wonderful, courageous, brave Bev, who we love dearly, and sending warm hugs and peace for her family too
xxx

Sending love, healing, comforting, and positive thoughts out to her, family and friends. It sounds like she is so well loved.

I am so saddened to read this. Bev has been such a wonderful inspiring person to us all on this forum and has been only warm, welcoming and loving to everyone who knows her. I wish there was more we could do.... Be praying for you Bev

hugs & kisses

DustyKat

Super Moderator
From FB..........................

Just to keep everyone informed. Beverly is going in for her procedure to extract the fluid from her lungs. Beverly and I have made a pact that no matter what happens, we will keep our sense of humor. In saying that, she has been saying snid...e remarks and smiling when we joke around. She is still weak and has many more problems that are STAT or urgent that needs to be taken care of, but the Doctors are on it and the humor is there.
GOD, thank you for our sense of humor because if we didn't that we would all still be crying. More to come later, thanks for all of the prayers and keep them coming!

So sorry to hear of this i have kept up with this since i have joined even though i really haven't made too many post even though i wish i did now. I wish things could of been different and i could of gotten to know you so much better...not that i can't now so i hope things get a lot better for you guys and keep your head up!! Good luck with everything!!

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Beverly. I've been lost for words, but I do know that you've also touched my life and I'm hoping and praying for the very best possible outcome for you. I'm glad she has been able to retain her sense of humor, I don't know that I could be as strong and courageous as she has been. She's truly an admirable woman.

I don't know Bev, but after reading all the post I can tell what a wonderful person she is. Sounds like she has touched a lot of hearts.
Bev and family I will keep you in my prayers.

I haven't been on here for a while and am so shocked by what I've been reading.
My thoughts and prayers are flying over to you Bev and your family.

Sending prayers out to you Bev. May the Lord bless you and keep you in His care.
May He also be with your family during this difficult time. (((hugs))) Gutless Wonder

My thoughts and best wishes are with you, Bev and your family - I hope that you gain the strength you need to start the treatment you need. You are an inspiration to a lot of people on this forum - it is obvious from the amount of people sending you their love and prayers. xx

Bev, Jeff, family and friends,
One more heartfelt prayer and good thoughts to add to the numerous that have come your way. I have used the Serenity Prayer in times like these and find it comforting.

My prayers are with you and your family!! God bless you and I am hoping for tons of strength to be sent your way!

Hugs!
Elise

My thoughts are with going out to Bev and her family...You are an inspiration to so many in their darkest hours, many of whom you won't even realise you have helped them. Stay strong and make this horrible disease rue the day it caught you...x

Bev and Family,
I do not know you but I know how aweful cancer can be. ALWAYS believe in miracles. I lost my mother to cancer a year ago tomorrow....and there's one thing I know for sure....for all of us, the reward awaiting is far greater than we can fathom.
May you find strength, courage and most of all peace.
All my love and prayers to you and yours.

I only knew Bev through here shortly before she went into hospital, and read her news on FB,and she always seems to be able to bring a smile to a bad situation and has always there for us. its heartbreaking to know that she is going through all of this pain but like everyone else who supports her on here i am praying for Bev and her family so that they have the strength to get through this awful time. God bless, x

ameslouise

I sure hope Bev and Jeff can use another hug because here it comes:

(((((((((hugs))))))))))

Sending good thoughts and wishes for Bev to get strong enough to get the therapy she needs.

xo - Amy

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
We still havent had an update, I wished I knew how she is doing. She is one of the most kindest and caring person, and has been there for most of us. Sending all my love and strength Bev...

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Is there an address that we can mail cards to her? Like in care of the hospital or something? Does anybody know? I'd love to send her a card with a handwritten note of support, or even a small care package.

POST FROM FACEBOOK THIS MORNING

Beverly start Chemotherapy yesterday afternoon, even though she isn't strong enough for it, they HAVE to do it. I guess the Drs. got the results back and made a decision to do the chemo first then deal with her foot. We haven't heard any th...ing on the results ourselves. I am going to insist today to clue me in at least.
I had a major breakdown Monday afternoon, that is why I haven't updated lately. I am good now though, thanks. On a good note; after I see her I will be heading to work, (hopefully) we could use the money. It was better when she was working too but that is not going to happen anytime soon. Anyways there you go, more later. Thanks folks, for all of your prayers they are helping. God bless all of you.

Crohn's 35

Inactive Account
Thank you so much for posting this Rosemary... I guess they are taking it one day at a time, it is all they can do. This is so grueling for the family, I hope something can be done and soon! Hugs back to the family!

BTW how is Madasin doing?

Rosemary, thank you so much for posting this... i know i'm not the only one who's been anxiously awaiting news on Bev.

looks like she's in for a bit of bumpy ride with the chemo & everything, but here's hoping it leads to better days for her in the future.

Bev - if you or any of your family read this - i'm thinking of you and sending love & big hugs your way, every single day. xxxxx

Bev & family you are all in my thoughts and prayers to pull through this! Anything is possible if you set your mind to it!

Is there an address that we can mail cards to her? Like in care of the hospital or something? Does anybody know? I'd love to send her a card with a handwritten note of support, or even a small care package.
I just sent Bev's husband Jeff a message asking for an address. I will pass it on when I get it.

You are welcome for the update. I check for an update a zillion times a day, so whenever I see one I will post it here if it is not already posted on here.
The waiting and wondering drives me crazy. lol I think of Bev (our very special lady) daily and hope and pray she gets stronger and chemo works for her.

Hi everyone,, just to let you know a quote from Facebook "this has been her best day yet!" Jeff Posted a pic of Bev on facebook, she was looking good and even smiling.. Yippee. He said he was going to do an update on forum tomorrow when he got info to log in from Bev.

Go Bev, keep up the fight.... You are a very strong person...
you are in my thoughts and prayers ,, lot of hugs and love your way...

This is the best news we have had in a long time Rosemary.

Lets all keep the positive thoughts and prayers coming!

Hi everyone,, just to let you know a quote from Facebook "this has been her best day yet!" Jeff Posted a pic of Bev on facebook, she was looking good and even smiling.. Yippee. He said he was going to do an update on forum tomorrow when he got info to log in from Bev.

Go Bev, keep up the fight.... You are a very strong person...
you are in my thoughts and prayers ,, lot of hugs and love your way...

brilliant news - this has put a smile on my face too :) keep it up Bev, we're all rootin for you, hun! xxxx

Dexky

To save time...Ask Dusty!
Hey Bev, I've been gone a few days!! It's good to come back on and read something positive about you!! Keep fighting Bev!! You'll beat this!!

Astra

I've been AWOL for a bit too!
This is encouraging fantastic news!
Thinking of you both, Bev and Jeff, love n hugs your way!
xxxxx

I send my thoughts and prayers to Bev and Jeff and your entire family. Through God all things are possible. I will continue to pray for Bev's recovery until she is back with us.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I haven't seen an update on her page in ages and I'm not friends with her husband so I do see any of his updates.

Facebook update from Jeff: GO BEV1 Update: WE NEED PRAYER!!

We need everyone praying that our Lord heals Beverly's foot.
We were told that within a month the surgeon will be performing an amputation of Beverly's foot or leg.
They don't know how much or how far they will be taking. So we need everyone...... to PRAY HARD! that the blood clot disappears and her foot and toes heal so the doctors will not need to perform this terrible operation! We can do this for Bev!
CAN I HEAR AN AMEN!?!

AMEN!!!
Keep the prayers and thoughts coming, Our Bev needs all she can get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I've been following this thread, but haven't yet chimed in. I think of her often, hope things start getting better for her and her family. Sending good vibes their way.

I'll be praying hard for Bev!! That's terrible to hear about her foot. I sending hugs and best wishes to her and her family.

:hug::hug::hug:

:Karl::Karl::Karl::Karl::Karl::Karl::Karl::Karl::Karl::Karl::Karl::Karl::Karl:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Hey Bev,

Thinking about you all the time buddy...........sending tons of healing (((hugs))) and (((thoughts))) your way...............

:hug::ghug::hug::ghug::hug::ghug::hug::ghug::hug:

Miss you, :kiss:
Dusty

I'm late to this thread and I'm so so sorry to hear you going through such rough times! You have always been so encouraging to me and I really appreciate all of your posts.

Sending bear hugs, healing thoughts and positive energy your way-keep up the fight! :hug::Karl: