• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Update on surgery!!!

So my proctocolectomy is scheduled for next Tuesday, yikes!!! I'm excited and nervous at the same time.
I asked the surgeon a million questions and feel pretty good about the pre op appt.
Unfortunately I won't get to meet my stoma nurse until the day of. However, I did request a bunch of free samples of supplies that I've already been receiving so that i can try a few different systems out before hand.
It's going to take Tuesday forever to get here!!!

Terriernut

If I were you JennaRae...I'd be having a serious amount of food, a pedicure, a wax and a bottle of the BEST champagne!????

I know you aren't eating yet, but when they do let you have soft foods, the Baylor Hospital macaroni and cheese is to die for!!

Edit: Considering how hard this surgery is on most of us, maybe I should rephrase that to the Baylor Hospital macaroni and cheese is divine!!

Big hugs!!! :ghug:

Terriernut

Hoping you are recovering and enjoying the morphine for the time being. Hope you can update us soon cause we worry.

:rosette2:

:heart: Healing thoughts and wishes honey! I know exaxtly how you feel. Give the mind and body a chance to catch up with each other! You can do this----you will be amazed at how you will feel once the surgical pain subsides! Keep us posted! :ghug: Dana

Thank you so much everyone! I posted an update just a few minutes ago as a new thread on the stoma subforum.
I am in a decent amount of pain but doing great! Speaking of pain I'm a little dopey right now from the drugs and can hardly see the screen! Look for my update I'm still kinda new here and dint know where to post things.

I can't wait to hear from y'all, y'all are all so sweet and no its not the drugs talking!!! Lol