• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Upping my dose of imuran

Been having more pain lately (2 months) and was put back on entorcort for a short while and that relieved it, but then as I tapered off the pain came back. Met with a new Doc yesterday and he is looking at upping my dose of imuran from 150mg to 200mg.

If that doesn't work he is looking at trying Remicade :( I don't want Remicade because I am in the Military and am afraid if I get on it I will be deemed "Non-Deployable" thus ending my career. Anyone else in the military and on Remicade without issues? Also how expensive is Remicade?

Hopefully the higher dosage of imuran will work!

DustyKat

Super Moderator
I hope the higher doses work for you too!!!

Gee, from what I have read on here I thought the people that were in the services were discharged once they had a diagnosis of Crohns??

Dusty. :)

I think my Remicade infusions were about $4000/each, but I'm pretty sure it can vary. Places charge differently for the actual infusion part and it will depend on your dose. It's normal to get infusions every 8 weeks, but it can be done more often.

I hope all this doesn't get in the way of the military. Good luck with the imuran.

You also still have quite a bit of play left in the Imuran. As long as your liver is tolerating it, you can increase the does higher. I'm currently on weekly Humira shots and 250mg of Imuran daily and I'm not that big of a person.

You also still have quite a bit of play left in the Imuran. As long as your liver is tolerating it, you can increase the does higher. I'm currently on weekly Humira shots and 250mg of Imuran daily and I'm not that big of a person.
Yeah I was just reading up on the dosage and can be 1.5-4mg/kg so that leaves me with an adjustable amount up to 280mg IF my body is handeling it well. They took like 8 vials of blood the other day so just waiting for the tests to come back.

I was worried that I would be medically discharged as well from the military but so far no action has been taken, but it hasn't effected my work...yet (since its guard and only one weekend a month). I am looking to get active duty orders (ADOS), so hopefully this doesn't kill my chances of doing that. Will let you know more when i know.