• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Upset stomach with stoma

Hi I've had an upset stomach all day well started at 12.40am threw up my tea we had Chinese and ever since then I keep feeling sick/ stomach going crazy:( managed to keep some food down until I had my tea again then threw that up about an hr ago :(:( haven't really eaten that much today and don't want to lose any weight as I'm 7 stone. I'm hungry but my stomach is going crazy and feel sick again, getting cramps as well. Any ideas coz I've got a ileostomy as well. If its not one thing it's a bloody other. Still recovering from surgery- rectum removal nearly 6 weeks ago my bum is ok up too now...

annawato

Staff member
Hi Rachel, I was wondering how you were getting on. Sorry to hear that you have a tummy bug. I guess the only thing is to sit it out and make sure you keep your fluids up. Take care.

w:Hi,racheal I'm on waiting list for removing rectum and sphincter and putting illeo stoma on other side,plus remove rest of large bowel.what was you experience with the rectom part of things just curious bout what ganna happen.

Hi I go hospital tomoz for a check up but I'm still getting pain and leakage from there and it's two months still can't sit for long on it. Mine was stitched up with disposable stitches both stomach and bum. A part of my bum was stitched up further inside than the rest so it's open but you can't get any further inside think it needs a few more stitches in tomoz to close it properly looks like I have a hole and my surgeon said you won't have a hole when I went for consultation. Hoping it will stop the pain when I get it sorted.... I was in hospital 5 days but should of been a week but they wanted my bed! I got an infection in my bum wound a few weeks after partly coz district nurses weren't doing their job properly!!! Good luck thinking of you. Hope it goes well and keep me posted hope you have a speedy recovery.