• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Ureter Stent & Bloody urine

Hello everybody! Good morning!

I had a Ureter stent placed in my right side ureter due to inflamed intestines pushing against my ureter. I’ve called a standby doctor to ask if it’s normal, he said it was normal. I had the stent placed in just this last Friday(the 28th). It’s been 2 days now, I’m still urinating blood here & there. Google hasn’t been much help in finding certain info, maybe I need to dig harder.
My questions for anyone that might be able to relate experientially, how long have you bled urine out? (Days? Weeks?).

Also, does anyone know when I get to take the anti-blood clot stockings off?
My Urologist said he would call me over the weekend, maybe I misheard him, but I’m confused now. I haven’t got a call so far. Can’t anyone shed some light? Maybe send a article/website link with relevant info??