• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Urgent question about immodium

Hi all, quick question. My son is flying back from Israel due to a major flare, pain,etc. he wants to know if he can take immodium because it's a long flight and he's going often. He is worried he might feel worse because he feels he has narrowing of his intestine. He is flying out in one hour....we are still trying to get him an aisle seat!! Thank you!!

my little penguin

Staff member
Hug
Not sure
I know we are able to give Imodium for possible telescoping of the bowel but only if Ds takes the dose and is physically being driven to the hospital .
Can you call the on call Gi?
Do they know he is traveling so far in a bad flare ???

crohnsinct

Probably too late but O's doc just approved Imodium for runners diarrhea. 1 tablet one hour before running. She is 100 pounds.

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Ugh! I tried posting a response to this on my phone today and kept getting a connection error. :yfrown:

I know its way too late now awmom but as a general rule you wouldn’t give Imodium when flaring unless instructed to do so by the GI. :ghug:

Dusty. xxx

Did phone the on call doc and she said no immodium since we don't know exactly what is going on and it's a long trip.......we learn new things with every bump don't we......thank you all for your wisdom!