• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Urinary Incontinence, a Wee Dilemma.

I have urinary incontinence in my fifties, not my eighties and IT STINKS ! I wonder whether it is connected to my digestive issues. I have tried various tablets with mild side effects in past years but managing without right now due to my GP being an awkward ... and not prescribing what I need. I see old ladies on the bus with dried piss on their tights and despair.
Hospital investigations, I've had them but I'm no better. It limits me and I HATE IT.

See if your GP or gastroenterologist can refer you to a urologist. It sounds like you might have an overactive bladder, or being in your 50s, it might be something related to the hormonal change that you ladies go through. Either way, you should see a urologist just to make sure it's not a sign of a more serious underlying issue.

Good luck - hope it all works out well.