• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Vacationing in the hospital

Yeah that's right I'm in the hospital on my vacation! First official day of my vacation (Monday) I develop a complete blockage.:ybatty: But anyways I'm starting to feel better and the docs are talking about starting me on remicade next week if I can get things moving again and try and avoid surgery. So heres to me avoiding surgery and hopefully and finally get things under control.:beerchug:

Thanks everyone yeah its nice that I dont lose a pay check over this just no fun events I had planned oh well, some other time then. I had just got some stuff moving so maybe tomorrow I can start some fluids. Just glad the NJ tube came out because if they ddint do it I was going to since it wasnt doing anything for me.

imisspopcorn

Punctuation Impaired
Skinny Dub said:
Thanks everyone yeah its nice that I dont lose a pay check over this just no fun events I had planned oh well, some other time then. I had just got some stuff moving so maybe tomorrow I can start some fluids. Just glad the NJ tube came out because if they ddint do it I was going to since it wasnt doing anything for me.
NG tubes suck!!! Literally and figuratively. That's a good sign that they took it out. I hope everything goes well for you. Jello, yummy!

The Mayo Clinic, during my last surgery, didn't want me to use the NG tube. I was shocked, but they said my bowels would begin functioning sooner. They also said that unless I was totally blocked and puking my toenails up, I would never get it there. Needless to say, I was thrilled to pieces. In previous days, I always got the NG tube with 3 days rest when I was partially blocked at the local, yokal hospital.

Shantel said:
Isn't that supposed to keep air (like that you swallow - everyone does) out of your tummy so you don't get additional air to have to pass out the other end, which won't pass if you are blocked, hence causing pain?
Yes, but they seemed to be measuring the liquid more then anything. All that was coming out was my spit, seeing I had all ready vomitted up my dinner and the bloating and started going down.

Every NG tube I ever had, I always sucked on ice chips. It helped my throat irritation and made my tummy feel better. My giving extra liquid to the tummy, it kept the NG tube from logding against my tummy wall and bleeding. Plus, it kept the tube from being stained with the brown tummy, bile acid stuff. Disgusting.

So I figured I would give you all an update. Im finally out of there and things are going good so far. I have eaten two days so far of a low residue diet and things are good While I was there they started me on remicade. They are still trying to figure out who is going to pay for the remi :shifty-t: but will be going back in two weeks for more hopefully once its all figured out. My new list of meds lol 40mg predisone, remicade, asacol, and vitamins with a new fatten me up diet. Im going to try and enjoy my one last day of vacation tomorrow before its back to the normal grind to bad it will be raining oh well.

PS: I stole the few different menus... clear, liquids, soft food/low residue diets they gave me while I was there and will make copy's, too help people that are just thrown into them and not sure what to make and eat instead of just of foods you can and cant eat (like I was).

Thanks! I'm doing better but still not where I want to be and will be going for my second round of remi next tuesday.:ytongue: