• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Valium

valium

Hey all, i have been taking percocet almost every day for the last 3 years, now that my crohns is under control i want to quit taking them, so my doc gave me klonidine and valium, i have never taken valium before so was wondering if there is anything i should be concerned about before taking these meds???

I presume your doc told you Valium is highly addictive- only takes 5 days everyday use to develop dependence in some people.

Hi. I use to take ativan and have taken valuim. They can be addictive if they are taken consistantly. You have to take a break in between, like for instance, you take it for one week on and one week off so you do not have the addictive issue.

I presume your doc told you Valium is highly addictive- only takes 5 days everyday use to develop dependence in some people.

I was told i only need about 5-7 days to fully kick the percocets, im really hoping i don't get dependant on the valium, thanks guys.