• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Vedolizumab

I am having my 1st infusion today called Vedolizumab, come off Stelara self Injections because stopped working after a large bowel operation in April to remove narrow passage, as anyone got any good feedback having infusion Vedolizumab

Hi
I was diagnosed with Crohn's last autumn. In the winter I took Budesonide until 31 December. At the beginning of January I submitted a stool sample for the Calprotectin test and it came back at 241. All my symptoms have stopped though. I keep myself on a rather strict diet which seems to work. I have put on weight etc. Now the consultant want's me to try Vedolizumab, which sounds like a really strong and rather complicated medication. I am really conflicted about whether or not to start on it as I am feeling well at the moment.