• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Venting - just sick of "being sick"

Sorry about this but I have to vent to someone. I was diagnosed about 3 years ago with Crohns. It's doing oaky - we have finally got the joint pain to go away and the gut seems to be controlled by the Remicade.

So I decided that I'd had enough of the stress with the company I've been with for 10 years. I got a great job offer from a similar company but who seemed to have better infrastructure (and hopefully less stress).

So I started Jan 2 - really liked the co-workers and the people I had to work with. Then Jan 10 I woke up with what I thought was a "crick" in my neck. Went to work and within 2 hours was unable to use my left arm or hand. Shooting, burning pain down from my shoulder to my fingers. Went home and the round of doctors begins. We tried aspirating the joint in case of infection, cortisone shots into the shoulder joint, IV antibiotics, oral antibiotics, etc, etc. And more X-rays, scans etc to the point that I thought I was going to start glowing in the dark.

Finally my GP (the best int the world) thought she could see a disc in my neck on one of the scans that was bulging and being compressed. Nerve pain - not infection - so started Lyrica. It works! Pain is somewhat under control but the arm is still numb and can't weight bear.

However, all this has taken time - and my new job couldn't keep the position open for me. So I've lost my job. Hopefully EI in Canada will give me benefits for 15 weeks. Then I can try to find another job.

Then, a radiologist notices that my thyroid looks thicker. Just a note on the bottom of one of my scans but my doctor caught it. So off to radiology again for an ultrasound of my thyroid. They found 3 large lumps on it. They can't tell if it's malignant or not so now we get to do a needle biopsy of it next week.

I let my GI know about this as I'm on Remicade and if it's cancer I have to stop it. So she orders a colonoscopy for next week as well and we'll wait for the results of the biopsy.

If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all. And if one more person says to me "That which doesn't kill you, makes you stronger", I'm going to go postal on them.

Sorry about the long post. I've been sitting on this for so long and my SO is a long distance trucker so he's not here ever to talk to. It had to come out.

No questions - just needed to get it off my mind. Thanks for listening.:ybatty:

valleysangel92

Staff member
*Hugs* I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having such a hard time of it. Don't feel bad for letting it all out, we are here for you and I sincerely hope you get some good news soon.

It is difficult when those around us don't understand, but there are people here who know what it's like to feel like you can't get a break, so feel free to vent as much as you need.

Please keep us posted on how things are going for you, and let us know if there is anything we can do to support you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your job situation - I really struggle with balancing my work and my health as well. Are you able to go back to your old role again perhaps?