• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Venting

At this point in my life my mom and I are always fighting because of my Crohns and it is to the point where I don't want to live anymore. She thinks that I am doing this for attention and I am crying wolf. Also she's doesnt understand anything about Crohns and why I am so tired from my body working over time and the meds I take cause me to sleep a lot I try to get to go on the forum but she won't and she is constantly trying to keep me out of my house. I am just sick of everyone and everything in life I just want to be dead or a lone and honestly I see myself killing myself its just how I feel. I feel like I have no one to talk to and no one knows what I am going through!

My son was diagnosed last year and there was a time that he didn't see the point of his life since he was always in so much pain. It took several medication changes but he was eventually able to get back to a place where he was happy.

Your Mom may be completely overwhelmed by the fact that she can't "fix" your pain. Seeing your child sick and not being able to make it better can really do a number on you and she may need to talk to someone about how this is affecting her so that she and you can better communicate. A good place to start would be with your GP/GI, let them know how every thing is affecting you and that you aren't in a good place. They may be able to refer you and your mother to someone one that can help each of you come to terms with CD and provide some coping skills for you and your Mom.

I'm sorry you are experiencing so much at such a young age and I hope that remission finds you soon. Things may be very difficult for you now but it can get better! HUGS!!

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Oh Emily.....please don't give in...is there anyone close to you that you can talk to, a counselor maybe? If you have a diagnosis, it is hard to see how anyone could say you are doing things.....although I do know that they do. It is possible that the reaction of your mum is due to central. It is a big thing to note only recognize but accepted that a child of yours has an illness that can be so severe and so unpredictable. My father was in denial for years and years, always trying to find another reason for me to be ill.....his, something he picked up on one of his trips to south America was his favorite.

This can and will get better for you. Things are still new all around and there is a transition and learning curve for all.

How did you and your mum get along before this? That is a sign of why she may be acting the way she is right now, especially if things have changed.

Please keep talking heads, remember we are all her to support one another, especially when things get tough.

Hang in there kiddo!!!!!

Clash- thanks for sharing! And honestly I don't think I am ever go in remission till they do surgery to remove a part of my colon

Paso buff -I am not not to give in its just really hard but I can't see myself not living!:)
My mom never really seem interested in Crohns and what it does and is.

Emily i know how you feel and how frustrating it can be , my eldest son still says there is nothing wrong with me and that i fake it etc etc , it makes me angry as i know he has seen me in hospital , seen me in bed for days with the pain etc ..

the trueth is - he does know that i have crohns but he just cant accept it no matter what any one says. ( even though i know he has done some extensive reading about it)

Family is a strange thing .. but in the long run , when needed , they will be there. ( in the same way we are all here for you aswell) :ghug:

I am not sure if you are in a position to do so, but maybe take your mom to the doctors with you. Ask her if she'll go along as a favour to you. I am not sure what kind of a relationship you guys have, but maybe if she hears it from a professional she will find it easier to accept and will see more legitimacy in it.

I'm in a similar situation with my girlfriend at the moment. She accepts that I have Crohn's but can't really grasp how much it affects me, so at times it can be difficult finding people to talk to about it.

Keep your head up, though! (Easier said than done, I know) Life always has it's good surprises for us that are worth waiting it out for.

Thanks so much! Hope my family try to be here for me! And my mom goes to the doctors with me but she doesn't completely understand or she thinks she understands but she missing parts of what doctor says