• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Very positive report following Colonoscopy

My follow-up with my GI relating to my colonoscopy on 8/24 was today. Other than the stricture (report called it "inflammation"), my piping was pretty much unremarkable. I told my GI that other than one episode, I had been free of problems in the last six months through diet (eliminating trigger foods). He seemed quite pleased with my progress.

Usually CD patients have a colonoscopy every five years. When I reviewed the paperwork from the dr visit, he scheduled my next colonoscopy out to TEN years.

My GI is the chief of the gastro department, so that gives me great confidence.

And I will be DILIGENT to prevent any more problems.

scottsma

It's good to hear positive news.Also you're positive outlook is refreshing.Long may it last!!! It will be good karma for a lot of people,especially newbies just starting out on the arduous,sometimes scary, journey of crohns.